TForce | Why do you think

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
ups feeder drivers are involved so many crashes? Is it becuase they have no experience? Or just becuase there are so many of them, it just seems like they crash everyday.

I looked it up, they have a much safer record of equiptment out of services, driver out of services and wrecks than we do, bu were below national averages.

Most fleets can learn a few things about driving safety from the United Parcel Service (UPS). The delivery company, headquartered in Atlanta with those famous brown trucks we see everyday has been leading the private industry in driving safety for nearly 100 years. UPS issued its first driving handbook in 1917 and has been modifying and improving its training program ever since.

Most fleets can learn a lot about safety from U P S By Captain Travis Yates

i really enjoyed all the training i recieved when i told the TM i wanted to become a driver. first i have to thank him for not letting me practice driveing out of our yard. i was able to pratice gears 1-6 really good. and due to yard control i got really good at making left hand turns. and thanks for haveing a driver chouffer me over to take the cdl test, that really taught me how to grind gears the proper way.
then after i achieved a cdl, on my first day as a driver, my training continued.
" heres your bills, take this tractor, this trailer, good luck, and try to get back by 5 "

i really enjoyed all the training i recieved when i told the TM i wanted to become a driver. first i have to thank him for not letting me practice driveing out of our yard. i was able to pratice gears 1-6 really good. and due to yard control i got really good at making left hand turns. and thanks for haveing a driver chouffer me over to take the cdl test, that really taught me how to grind gears the proper way.
then after i achieved a cdl, on my first day as a driver, my training continued.
" heres your bills, take this tractor, this trailer, good luck, and try to get back by 5 "

Congradulations, you hit the road with 3 times as much driving knowledge as the average Swift driver. I bet you can even find your dimmer switch on the first try.

UPS has a driver training program that last for only two weeks. You can't train a truck driver in only two weeks. They really need to develop a better training program.

UPS has a driver training program that last for only two weeks. You can't train a truck driver in only two weeks. They really need to develop a better training program.

Hello bogeyfree and welcome to the boards, tell everyone about us.

After seeing what other ( Truckload ) companies have for safety programs in referance to hands on driving I would have to agree.

My friend don't ever think that you can't improve on safety.
..cant say I disagree.."butttttt".... one thing I will say,human beings are not androids..and trying to program and operate them as such is a melt down looking for an opportunity..