TForce | Why don't UPS freight drivers start acting like Teamsters

Been a Teamster for 26 years. How does a Teamster act? Please share your vast knowledge on this subject my dear Stick.

Think positive you work for a strong company and You have a contract with good raises if you dont like the union you may as well get used to it if you plan on being at Ups for any amount of time.Whether you think it was forced or not it is what it is at least you know you work for a company that will be able to ride out tough economic times. Overnite is gone get out of the past and look forward!

We have a contract alright. One that protects the contractors more than the union members. Don't call this a contract please. Maybe 2013 we will get a contract.

Think positive you work for a strong company and You have a contract with good raises if you dont like the union you may as well get used to it if you plan on being at Ups for any amount of time.Whether you think it was forced or not it is what it is at least you know you work for a company that will be able to ride out tough economic times. Overnite is gone get out of the past and look forward!
Yes we work for a strong company and we get good raises and we haven't been asked to take a pay cut, however there are some things that are just as important money. Since we have become teamsters there has been more distrust and mistrust amongst the drivers and other employees than I have ever seen since I've been here , and thats been a long time. People worried over whether a junior man is making more than a senior man, people worried that they might have to do a little more than the next guy,that kind of crap now seems to be more accentuatted than before The Brotherhood was in the picture. I'm not saying that the union hasn't had its good points. The greivance process for most cases is a vast improvement over the old peer review boards tha we had. I just think that the main mission of the union is to keep turmoil going between the company and the employees.

Why don't UPS freight drivers start acting like Teamsters
Could it be that when we try, National shuts us down?

I think this question sounds just like, "You don't look like a Truck Driver". Look around there is alot of "Acting like a Teamster" going on. Dues paying? Check! Division among peer groups? Check! Backstabbing ? Check! And my favorite, Get Fired, Get your job back, Multiple times? Check!!!! It'll get better though, they told me so. And as long as we don't ask questions and "Go with the flow" we'll make it through the hard times. Happy Posting!

I may **** a few off but here goes. How about we come to work & do our job. Don't worry about the next guy. If wronged, file the greivance. If you have info to benefit a coworker who was wronged, share it. Don't sweat the screw up that gets his job back 2 or 3 or 7 times. His day of reckoning will arrive. Be on time and perform your job to the best of your ability for that day and abide by the rules the company has laid out to perform the job. I agree some of it sucks and some of it is stupid. They are the boss, union or no union.

I agree with you obama is pro unioun and pro labor. If he could get the right to work with him instead of stopping him we will have a great middle class instead of RICH & SUPER RICH AND THE
POOR

Look at the yrc forum they will show you how ups want's you to act.GIVE GIVE GIVE JUST BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A JOB RIGHT CHICKEN MAN AND JR