ODFL | Why have you stayed at O.D. ?

Did it slow up there at FXFE for them to do you like that? Sorry to hear about that hawkeyes, 15 years is a good chunk of time. Not sure, how things are in the Midwest but if you're hanging around the house a few times a week you dont have much to lose other than filling out an app. and talking to a few people at the terminal. Work can vary greatly from different parts of the country.

You also might want to inquire about working part time at OD if you didn't want to lose your senority.Some terminals do have part time deals,wouldn't hurt to ask.

Liked the atmosphere of a company always growing.Liked the man that owns the company.Learned the people of value and the ones with no value.Didn't want to go somewhere else and have to take that lesson over.

Great people to work for.Do your job and do it right you will have no problems.I butted heads in the past but I think it was a rookie treatment than anything.I looked up to the vets when I started and tried to learn all I could and now I get rookies asking me things,its kind of strange cause I'm taking the place of the guys retiring and think damn,I'm going to miss these guys.

I have 15 yrs at FXFE BUT BUMPED TO X-TRA BOARD BID NOT TO HAPPY WITH THAT PLUS DRIVING 75 MILES ONE WAY TO WORK IS WEARING ON ME. Any tips from you seasoned vets at Old D? Looks like decent equipment now, pay is moving up to? Looks like wild for me for awhile. Im goin to a small yard that should be better for me right? I hate giving up that much time but Im not goin to sit days at a time with fed x. hope to hear from some of you guys --- thx for your time Hawkeye

O.D is a good company, used to work for them 12 years ago should never have left. I'm kind a stuck at fed ex now, getting older kid in college,I hope I can last 12 more years till I retire. I know how you feel about fed ex dont blame you a bit if you make the jump! Wish I had the balls to switch.:hide:

my boyfreind and I are currently in training with ODFL and have a few questions. What are the sleeper cabs like? Do they have space for storage. We want to make sure we chose the right company, any info on the company would be a great help. After reading the driver's handbook they seemed to be a little controlling, are all companies like that?:funky: :funky:

Most of my experience is with an OTR company, and no they weren't very controlling. As far as I'm concerned, this LTL thing will be a totally different world, and I do expect that they will all have similar policies to OD. I posted about the Volvo sleeper cabs in another thread. They are nice, plenty of storage. Hopefully you won't end up with one that has a Volvo engine. They sound more like a greyhound bus than a truck, and run like it too. The cummins engine was much better in that truck. Definitely not a "powerhouse", but better than the volvo engine.