Why I like baseball

when i was much younger and Babe Ruth was playing, i enjoyed the game..

but i near totally lost interest in baseball, but "returned" last year when the Red Sox were in the world series.

it is too slow, and frankly most times as boring as all hell..

when ever i need a nap, and cannot fall asleep on my own...

i turn on a ballgame, and then i'm out in a few seconds......

baseball has it's fan's, and i can appreciate that they like it so much, over my lack of likeness.

gimme a great football game instead......

when i was much younger and Babe Ruth was playing, i enjoyed the game..

but i near totally lost interest in baseball, but "returned" last year when the Red Sox were in the world series.

it is too slow, and frankly most times as boring as all hell..

when ever i need a nap, and cannot fall asleep on my own...

i turn on a ballgame, and then i'm out in a few seconds......

baseball has it's fan's, and i can appreciate that they like it so much, over my lack of likeness.

gimme a great football game instead......
I prefer to listen to baseball and all sports games on the radio, while doing other things.

I keep tabs on my favorite teams during the season, but not on a daily basis. And very seldom do I watch a game until the last month of the season when games actually matter. The season is way to long, and the early part of the season gives me the impression that another loss is no big deal. I only watch closely when games actually matter.

I prefer to listen to baseball and all sports games on the radio, while doing other things.

actually, that is exactly how i got all charged up for the Red Sox last year....the games were on at night, and driving from just south of Boston, up to Maine, i may have had to change radio stations 3 times, to keep on the game...

however, there was a cut off point, in which i could not get the game, as the radio signal dropped...as i got near the Maine state line

how many times.....i'd be saying, DRAT........ok...not exactly DRAT.........

but it was a clean..."4 Letter word", i could say here.....

I keep tabs on my favorite teams during the season, but not on a daily basis. And very seldom do I watch a game until the last month of the season when games actually matter. The season is way to long, and the early part of the season gives me the impression that another loss is no big deal. I only watch closely when games actually matter.

Ask KC and Oakland, then Pittsburgh and San Francisco if any one of their regular season games didn't 'actually matter.'

actually, that is exactly how i got all charged up for the Red Sox last year....the games were on at night, and driving from just south of Boston, up to Maine, i may have had to change radio stations 3 times, to keep on the game...

however, there was a cut off point, in which i could not get the game, as the radio signal dropped...as i got near the Maine state line

how many times.....i'd be saying, DRAT........ok...not exactly DRAT.........

but it was a clean..."4 Letter word", i could say here.....

Out of curiosity, why did it take until 2013 to '(get) all charged up?' Bambino's curse was negated in storybook fashion from a 0-3 deficit against the boys in pinstripes in '04, and repeated in '07, with a sweep of the Rockies.

'04 is one of the many reasons I love baseball. (And I only like the Red Sox, because I hate the Yankees!)

Ask KC and Oakland, then Pittsburgh and San Francisco if any one of their regular season games didn't 'actually matter.'
I know exactly what you mean. Every game DOES end up mattering. But early in the season when a team loses it just doesn't seem to matter that much to them. Probably because they have so many games left, and they know that they can recover from a loss easier than say.....a football team can with the shorter season.

BTW......The Tigers were on the good end of that "one game mattering" scenario.

:bgroovy:

Out of curiosity, why did it take until 2013 to '(get) all charged up?' Bambino's curse was negated in storybook fashion from a 0-3 deficit against the boys in pinstripes in '04, and repeated in '07, with a sweep of the Rockies.

'04 is one of the many reasons I love baseball. (And I only like the Red Sox, because I hate the Yankees!)

i don't rightly know, why "till 2013".....

maybe because as i was driving up north, (or even south bound), i had to change the radio stations through out the night, to get my country music...

after a while, when you have changed the stations multiple times a night, i'd end up hearing the same damned songs, i just heard minutes ago, and that got sickening....

at least with the ball game, i'd "stayed tuned" into the same game, and hearing the sport announcers yell and scream......got me more into it...

I've hated the Yankees since the early sixties. The playoffs are the greatest for me when the Tigers beat the Yankees!!!!

Me too, but nowadays you to have XM or Sirus Radio or IHeart to get'em.. What a bummer... I remember growing up, 1 o'clock every Sunday, Game of the Week.... We'd hurry up and get home from church, eat Sunday dinner and listen to the game..

Those were the more simpler days my friend..