ABF | why is A.B.F. hiring ?

UPS Freight is already doing that with their in-house 3pl Coyote Logistics. There are two big subcontracting grievances that have already been deadlocked at the regional level and are going to the national panel......

ABF can keep up the masquerade that they are a "Union" carrier,....... if they have three ABF employees and twenty subcontractors on every city dock......"As long as ALL ABF employees have been offered work...."

If, through attrition and retirements, they can bleed down each City operation to just a fourth of what it is now......... they can subcontract all they want,....... and cry about their "inability" to hire qualified drivers..
And that my friends is how you get out from the Pension Fund payments they so desperate to get rid of. All nice & legal. If they can whittle it down from 10,000 rank & file employees to 3,000 they just saved 150 million a year in pension payments alone. Now Judy can really afford that second home in the Cayman's. von.

My closet is not 100% clean and they hired me, did you forget to tell them about it on the application? Or...maybe after taking me on they realized it wasn't such a good idea after all. :hilarious:

Above all be honest when applying. It is the kiss of death to not answer truthfully all of the questions on the application.

Hilarious! Same here...now it hurts to smile, along with every other muscle and joint in my body from....delivering NON freight from Amazon.garbage
It's hard to tell whether that hunch in your back comes for delivering freight or being rammed from behind for too many years. Either way, we all have that walk.

Yep:

Definitely not moving somewhere so they can do it again
I can understand that. Fortunately I was never faced with that decision but having seen what I have I do not think that I would move for the job unless there were some circumstances that made it a good move. I do know men who have moved to follow the work who made out well over it but there have been more who did not make out well.