Central Transport | Why is it not all terminals have that Letter on Raises.

letters maybe in a stack for employees to pick up when they leave tonight, by then the t.m. is gone so he does'nt have to hear the uproar.

Doesn't really say raise does it ... I just glanced at it cause I didn't really care . It said theyre raising starting rate at terminals . Then it said shortly after that there will be a wage progression ... I've been hearing wage progression and tier scales for years .. so I'll believe it when I see it . Could be a reverse wage progression into centrals pay scale for all I know . Lol. A progression could mean anything . They could say in 6 months from now you'll get a penny a mile/25 cents on the hr and then another one 6 months later. That's technically a progression but you won't be seeing a difference for a long time . Or it could be better then what I said . But it doesn't say exactly when and what so nobody knows . Probably trying to keep you all here so u don't quit hoping you'll be getting big raise

Last edited by a moderator:
guess people try to convince themselves that wages will get better here so they have something to keep them going. there's no way manny will upset c.t. drivers by giving us more than them. only time will tell, but i'll stick to my guns.

guess people try to convince themselves that wages will get better here so they have something to keep them going. there's no way manny will upset c.t. drivers by giving us more than them. only time will tell, but i'll stick to my guns.
I wouldn't bet on that if I were you H.E.......I think he will dove tail the seniority like FedX did Watkins and you will get what you get. He could care less about pissing anyone off. He didn't make billions concerning himself with those kind of issues. There will be good and bad in this. And we all know in life we must take the good with the bad. If it's not acceptable to many they can always quit. A good CDL is your job security but I will choose to stay until this man becomes a complete fraud with Vitrans future. What he has done in the past doesn't concern me. It's what he will do from this day forward that does. It's not what this man says that will define his legacy....It's what he does. Matthew is not his Father.

Its all a load of crap to make us feel good for a bit longer. Read it, trust me its for new hires. If we the ones that have been their for a while dont get raises and new hires get more than we make it will definitely suck. And I for 1 will not tolerate it.

I wouldn't bet on that if I were you H.E.......I think he will dove tail the seniority like FedX did Watkins and you will get what you get. He could care less about pissing anyone off. He didn't make billions concerning himself with those kind of issues. There will be good and bad in this. And we all know in life we must take the good with the bad. If it's not acceptable to many they can always quit. A good CDL is your job security but I will choose to stay until this man becomes a complete fraud with Vitrans future. What he has done in the past doesn't concern me. It's what he will do from this day forward that does. It's not what this man says that will define his legacy....It's what he does. Matthew is not his Father.

i think he will buy vitran, pull gm freight over to c.t. and slowly make his moves on what he wants through the 4th qtr, then he can bankrupt the company, write it off and walk away. i disagree with the matthew isn't like his father, when matthew gets an opportunity to shine for his father he will take all what his father has taught him and apply it along with a little extra to impress his father and show him he will carry the torch through the next generation. apples don't fall far from the tree.

Its all a load of crap to make us feel good for a bit longer. Read it, trust me its for new hires. If we the ones that have been their for a while dont get raises and new hires get more than we make it will definitely suck. And I for 1 will not tolerate it.
Well at least I know where you came up with your name. Peace brother, everything is going to be OK.......I bet you got that job you interviewed for. And will move on to greener pastures. And you will live happily ever after.

i think he will buy vitran, pull gm freight over to c.t. and slowly make his moves on what he wants through the 4th qtr, then he can bankrupt the company, write it off and walk away. i disagree with the matthew isn't like his father, when matthew gets an opportunity to shine for his father he will take all what his father has taught him and apply it along with a little extra to impress his father and show him he will carry the torch through the next generation. apples don't fall far from the tree.
Yep, and the world is going end tomorrow. I still love you H.E. despite our differences.

maybe r.t. well just see what path this place takes. you've talked about your plan to possibly retire and i'm putting apps out, so we will have new outlooks before too long anyways. enjoy your maple.

why would seniority be dovetailed? the only reason that would happen is if he closed all the vitran terminals down and move drivers over. so that would mean vitran is shutdown like i predict. well, i'm done shoveling coals r.t., don't want you to pick up speed. lol.

seniority will not be dovetailed there is no incentive it for CT. The concept of the holding company employees having better benefits and pay will anger the CT workers it is easier to pacify the majority.

seniority will not be dovetailed there is no incentive it for CT. The concept of the holding company employees having better benefits and pay will anger the CT workers it is easier to pacify the majority.

That makes no sense. From everything I have read top scale at CT is equal or higher.