TForce | Why is noone asking

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
Why is noone asking the question of how is UPS getting away with telling the union that this is there final offer, this goes directly against the teamsters constitution.

How can UPS just tell the teamsters what and how there gonna do things?

I wasn't aware that any Company had to abide by the Teamsters Constitution. This isn't the first time the term "final offer" has ever been used. And it's got nothing to do with UPS telling the Teamsters how and what to do. If it's UPS's final offer it's the job of the Teamsters to inform their members of that.

Your right no company has to abide by the teamsters constitution, but the company is making the teamsters go against there constitution. Am I right or wrong about this?

by not offering a renegotiation, the teamsters say that is how it is suppose to work.

UPS obviousily does not want to do it that way and the teamsters are going along with it. The teamsters are letting UPS steer the process against there constitution.

There's a big difference between letting UPS "steer" things and facing reality. These negotiations went on for months and this is where they ended up. You have once again managed to find a problem....kind of like with almost every other issue that has arisen.

There's a big difference between letting UPS "steer" things and facing reality. These negotiations went on for months and this is where they ended up. You have once again managed to find a problem....kind of like with almost every other issue that has arisen.

I have a problem that has not arisen. I have ED can I be helped.:hysterical:

I'd have ED too if I had to good to bed with some of those old broods in the commericals.................anything over 26 is old!!!!!

uh, overnite, look at this issue on a company's side here on union, all i have to say to you is to think about how long you would like to have labor issues, while customers are watching us, i don't think you would want to sit in negotiations for how ever long for it to take them to negotiate a contract that will fit you. just sounds like you think they have forever to do this, and you seem never happy on anything you post. so i suggest you change your user name from overnite to ups dude or something, and do what management told us, conform to this union they said, and oh, they also said overnite is not here anymore, so anyway i hope you luck and heck, join us, i think you'll like it here:1036316054:

Stl, remember this and other questions may be trivial to you but you have been A teamster for a long time, for us this is new. Your looking back, were looking forward.

Like I said I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I don't want to have to figuire all of this out when I am sitting in front of a manager.

Stl, remember this and other questions may be trivial to you but you have been A teamster for a long time, for us this is new. Your looking back, were looking forward.

Like I said I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I don't want to have to figuire all of this out when I am sitting in front of a manager.

"Looking forward" requires a positive attitude. "Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst" is living in the present.

Always remember, NO union member needs to sit in front or any manager/supervisor without union representation.

Read the Winegarten Act (spelling may be wrong, but you'll get my meaning)

Relax, UPS and the teamsters union have long realationship and healthy one at that. Consider this, UPS has grown into the richest transportation company in the world with a teamster workforce (so much for the lie that a union company can't grow). The question is not if, but when UPS grows the freight side you will have the best jobs in the LTL industry. Your jobs at UPS Freight are secure, so sit back, do your job, pay your union dues and enjoy the ride.

:beerchug:

Relax, UPS and the teamsters union have long realationship and healthy one at that. Consider this, UPS has grown into the richest transportation company in the world with a teamster workforce (so much for the lie that a union company can't grow). The question is not if, but when UPS grows the freight side you will have the best jobs in the LTL industry. Your jobs at UPS Freight are secure, so sit back, do your job, pay your union dues and enjoy the ride.

There has never been any suggestion that a union company cannot grow, A union company on the freight side however is a different story and time will tell.

There has never been any suggestion that a union company cannot grow, A union company on the freight side however is a different story and time will tell.

Apparently you have not listened to employers antiunion propaganda over the decades as I have. No need to worry about UPS on the freight side. They will grow into the largest LTL carrier in the nation, you can bank on it. UPS Freight is not concerned about the teamsters union.

I never said they were concerned, I am sure that there are other duties for us in their plans besides freight, but it will be interesting every contract negotiation going forward.

That is it in a nutshell.:icon_dance:

Apparently you have not listened to employers antiunion propaganda over the decades as I have. No need to worry about UPS on the freight side. They will grow into the largest LTL carrier in the nation, you can bank on it. UPS Freight is not concerned about the teamsters union.

Appearently they are not too concearned about us iether with this abomination of a medical INS. policy.

I like that" just sit back and enjoy the ride" I would like too, instead of pacifying us with such jestures, why dont you sit back and swallow my INS. policy and I will except yours?