TForce | Why is noone asking

I never said they were concerned, I am sure that there are other duties for us in their plans besides freight, but it will be interesting every contract negotiation going forward.

Yes, "take it or leave it", I find that very interesting in years to come.:hysterical: Some may think I am obnoxious, but they are not swallowing this INS. plan, it suck's.

What if you took the free plan option B, and then purchased another health plan on your own that would specifically cover Hospital Inpatient
Surgey
DXL
The rest of the plan is fine other than those 3 items that are covered at 75% in the free plan.

Relax, UPS and the teamsters union have long realationship and healthy one at that. Consider this, UPS has grown into the richest transportation company in the world with a teamster workforce (so much for the lie that a union company can't grow). The question is not if, but when UPS grows the freight side you will have the best jobs in the LTL industry. Your jobs at UPS Freight are secure, so sit back, do your job, pay your union dues and enjoy the ride.

:beerchug:

Now that should be read and read again and again over an over until it can be memorized. Because although short, it was the best advice that I have read here in a while. That was definitely no MONKEY BUSINESS!!! Cool avatar. Excellent post. A bucket of green coming your way. Elvis out...:beerchug:

I never said they were concerned, I am sure that there are other duties for us in their plans besides freight, but it will be interesting every contract negotiation going forward.

It will not only be interesting but prosperous. It will only improve. The air freight division went through the same thing we are. They were patient, and now they are reaping their rewards. Just like we will. Elvis out...

I'm going to have to take a break. I really don't know what you guys are *****ing about anymore. And what the hell you wanted from this first contract. All now or nothing? I give up. Free medical (no weekly deductions) is just a trophy over the mantle. Teamster bragging rites. Get over it. Elvis out and done.... You can lead a camel to water and all he wants to do is p!ss in it.

I'm going to have to take a break. I really don't know what you guys are *****ing about anymore. And what the hell you wanted from this first contract. All now or nothing? I give up. Free medical (no weekly deductions) is just a trophy over the mantle. Teamster bragging rites. Get over it. Elvis out and done.... You can lead a camel to water and all he wants to do is p!ss in it.

Poor baby, some people have problems with some things in the contract and you cant deal with it. Reminds me of the little kid who takes his ball and goes home to pout.

heres a thought!!(just a Theory)
see if this makes sense...
teamsters can't organize Big"O'
they go to their strongest union company and convince them to buy big "O".
then UPS comes in pisses off the drivers and cuts benefits and makes new rules up to **** everyone off.
APWA was in the way so they bump them off by making a card check deal with teamsters but not with the APWA.And offer to leave the pension alone.
A year ago the Union was sent packing and now their in like flin.Something fishy in the air???

then UPS comes in pisses off the drivers and cuts benefits and makes new rules up to **** everyone off.
APWA was in the way so they bump them off by making a card check deal with teamsters but not with the APWA.And offer to leave the pension alone.
A year ago the Union was sent packing and now their in like flin.Something fishy in the air???

That's what I've pondered since day one.

Wow looks like someone took two helpings of KoolAid.

What if you took the free plan option B, and then purchased another health plan on your own that would specifically cover Hospital Inpatient
Surgey
DXL
The rest of the plan is fine other than those 3 items that are covered at 75% in the free plan.

I can do quite a few things actually to compensate for the shortfall. I guess I will have to swallow it for now, well 5 years.

Things will work out I suppose, aside from the INS. the contract is not bad, I am in a shock from this past Sunday I suppose.

Hello Nightcrawler and welcome to the boards, we have allready been through the "GOLFCART CONSPIRACIES" but this one, WOW. Refreshing.

Why is noone asking the question of how is UPS getting away with telling the union that this is there final offer, this goes directly against the teamsters constitution.

How can UPS just tell the teamsters what and how there gonna do things?

There's almost always a last and final offer (Threat) from the company. You need to decide if you believe it or not. Who has more to lose? If you think the company does then call their bluff. That's what happened it 97'

your wrong....the IBT TA'd a contract with UPSF and under our constitution took the offer and presented it to the Locals (I was there) and they voted on to acept it.....Dang man...it pays MORE wages than the NMFA what Local would vote against that?....move forward and give it a chance....you are way better off than you can even imagine now!.....KK

Appearently they are not too concearned about us iether with this abomination of a medical INS. policy.

I like that" just sit back and enjoy the ride" I would like too, instead of pacifying us with such jestures, why dont you sit back and swallow my INS. policy and I will except yours?

I know you don’t want gestures -you just want a good contract. The union needs to be constantly vigilant and trying to get more for their members and not having to deal with a discontent rank and file. With that said, bear in mind that the union is only as strong as it’s members. Your fight for better insurance is not over - it has just begun. Focus your outrage on making it better not cursing it. You have the world's most powerful labor union behind you - exercise your rights as union members and make your voices heard. You people have a great future at UPS Freight, never give up the fight.

Stl, remember this and other questions may be trivial to you but you have been A teamster for a long time, for us this is new. Your looking back, were looking forward.

Like I said I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I don't want to have to figuire all of this out when I am sitting in front of a manager.
And if you believe any of the advice you read from old Teamsters most of them will tell you, if they're gonna be truthful, that the worst case scenarios that the negative guys dream up will never take place.....ever. Since you're young and haven't been through a contract yet you don't know this from experience. Trust me, some people thrive on anything negative and love to try to bring down anybody and everybody they can along with them. That's not to say that all things in your contract are great. They're not. But either are all things great in the NMFA.....and they never have been and never will be. What it all amounts to is that it's much better than the alternative....which is to try to go up against these corporate giants singlehandedly. It won't work. They'll chew you up and spit you out and think nothing of it. You and the rest of the workforce are just going to have to live through it to see that the negative extremes people are thinking might happen probably never will.

PS.....I never said any questions were trivial. But good God, you seem to want to try to show that every single item in your new contract is flawed in some way. If someone sets unrealistic goals they'll never be met.