Central Transport | Why no announcement?

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
I don't know why they didn't make it official Friday. Do they need the time to complete some sort of a strategic plan? It's not like it's a big secret.

because employees will be calling in sick, dragging their feet, damaging and stealing freight and god knows what else. they never gave a rats arse about us in the first place. if they tell us anything it will be on a friday, but i imagine we will find out on a monday when we come to work. maybe we'll get a call from an automated service telling us of our demise.

I don't know why they didn't make it official Friday. Do they need the time to complete some sort of a strategic plan? It's not like it's a big secret.

Seriously Train, when has Vitran ever communicated with it's employees? You and everyone else will find out when the gate has a chain & lock on it just like CF did.

Not sure if its credible but got a call from a driver in Pit and don't ask me his name........ He's saying they will not shut down the entire U.S. Got a few PM's along the same lines. Just don't buy any stock right now....LOL.....Remember boys I'm sure most of these big boys can't disclose anything or risk breaching their contract....But as we all know......$hit leaks out inadvertently that can't be tied back to them....And there you go. A cycle of recycled revenge against Vitran.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work in PIT and went home early Friday. Got MANY texts that evening...supposed to be a big meeting Monday morning...I'm just as curious as the rest of you...

I just wish we could get a definite answer....... train unlike you I'm not financially set to ride this out, not getting blindsided, saw it coming but kept hoping for a miracle. got 20 years behind the wheel (almost 13 here) and a family of 5 on single income, really did not want to start over, looks like I might have held on to long.

I'm in same boat fudgie.. One of my kids has medically issue..thank god they are sever, but they still cost.. :(

But, I'll make it happen one way or another, no crap company or situation will stop me from making a buck to support my peeps