Yellow | Why no fight from the members for better pay/benefits?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I've been sitting on the sidelines. Moved on from YRC in 2009. Any reason why there is no fight for better benefits and pay? Seems like the perfect time to ask for more? Why isn't anyone questioning the union about asking for more? Curious what the local presidents have been saying about this if you have any experiences? What are they going to do when their Public employee unions crumble?

Average age is 54 years old we come in do nothing union says if they go out of business our pension cuts go away so they must fail.

Average age is 54 years old we come in do nothing union says if they go out of business our pension cuts go away so they must fail.
I hope I’m missing something here. But I am both astounded and insulted by your assertion. You’re saying that a bankruptcy by YRCW will result in most current employees getting full pension benefits? I certainly hope not. However, if it is, you’re delusional and that idea is fantasy.

Because there are way to many Sheep and not enough Lions to fight the battle !!!:6788:
fbebca142ce370ba161923308314d1b4.jpg

I've been sitting on the sidelines. Moved on from YRC in 2009. Any reason why there is no fight for better benefits and pay? Seems like the perfect time to ask for more? Why isn't anyone questioning the union about asking for more? Curious what the local presidents have been saying about this if you have any experiences? What are they going to do when their Public employee unions crumble?
This is a pretty big generaliztion on your part, isn't it? For one , we are 9 months from the experation of the current contract. What do you want , people storming Overland Park before there is anything even proposed? The fight will never end with this company.

I hope I’m missing something here. But I am both astounded and insulted by your assertion. You’re saying that a bankruptcy by YRCW will result in most current employees getting full pension benefits? I certainly hope not. However, if it is, you’re delusional and that idea is fantasy.

8% cut every year you retire before 65 Yrc is the only company doing this. Most will have over 40 years if you started at a younger age. Every defect out the gate to they fail.

Because they are happy with what they have. ABF rank & file approved the first offer. That in itself says it all. von.

To fully understand what is happening now you need to go back in time to 2016. That was the year of the Teamsters general election. That was when, apparently unbeknownst to many members, policy for today’s contract negotiations was approved by vote. Union officials elected in 2016 are the same people receiving high praise from YRC management now.

2016 IBT Vote Count : Overall

You would think with all the money they are going to save with the huge tax breaks next year they could throw those savings to get our pay, back to normal.

You would think with all the money they are going to save with the huge tax breaks next year they could throw those savings to get our pay, back to normal.

Savings? O/R 100.9 and less operating capital than last year.

It’s like retailers implying lowered prices are ‘savings.’

It’s not ‘savings’ until it’s not spent and held in an account.

about 15 years ago i had a conversation about up coming contract with some 20-30 year olds . their words were exactly . give me $2 more per hour and they can keep their pension . ill save for my own retirement . yeah right

Where did. It say bankruptcy