XPO | Why Not Go Paperless?

At XPO ( in my neck of the woods ) an exception number is something that P&D drivers are supposed to call in and get from one of the office types. Apparently this was recently resumed. I am not sure everyone knows that it is supposed to be done and I don't think those that know about this always do it. And , I have never heard of any repercussions for not doing this.

It's redundant and I can't understand what is gained by interrupting someone in the office to document something that the handheld , the driver , and the delivery receipt already make note of.

P.S. Somewhere north of $65 million in damages.
The process of Photographs and calling and office clerk can very time consuming . Especially if your put on hold for 10 mins at a time. I can understand the process can cut having to pay a possible claim that may not exist. I think the process could use some streamlining to avoid delays but If that's the procedure I will follow it

Last edited:
The process of Photographs and calling and office clerk can very time consuming . Especially if your put on hold for 10 mins at a time. I can understand the process can cut having to pay a possible claim that may not exist. I think the process could use some streamlining to avoid delays but If that's the procedure I will follow it
City drivers are paid by the hour, not by how many stops you make per hour. It’s up to your dispatcher to get the del and pu handled. If he loaded your wagon down with so many stops that you have no wiggle room for os&d procedures to be followed then it’s not your problem. It’s his. Wise call to follow procedure. We have guys that go by the book on everything and nearly always bring freight back. They still working after years of it. I know you weren’t talking about what I just ranted on, but couldn’t help myself

I couldn’t agree more. I always said if you follow everything they want you to do they will change and streamline procedure

I'm sure XPO is well aware of the benefits and would like to do it yesterday. The technology exists, so theI'm sure the delay is NOT because XPO doesn't realize they can improve efficiency.

I can appreciate you stating the obvious but, as we all have observed, this seems to be beyond just a "delay" given the fact that the change over from Conway was 3+ years ago. As you stated the technology exists, now it has become a priority issue verses just a simple delay. Thank you for your opinion and possible inside perspective though.

Just think at one time XPO what to take all the CSRs out of every barn. Think how long you would be on hold then

City drivers are paid by the hour, not by how many stops you make per hour. It’s up to your dispatcher to get the del and pu handled. If he loaded your wagon down with so many stops that you have no wiggle room for os&d procedures to be followed then it’s not your problem. It’s his. Wise call to follow procedure. We have guys that go by the book on everything and nearly always bring freight back. They still working after years of it. I know you weren’t talking about what I just ranted on, but couldn’t help myself
Just think how many more del or PU you could do if we didn't have some many freight f u c k e r uppers on forklift.

I didn't say that, or anything like that. I think a city driver deals with more risk in 400 miles than a road driver does in 400 miles. So I'm okay with an hours to miles conversion for the city. The last driver I know that got a city MM award still took about 2 years longer than the typical LH guy.

You seem to have missed the metaphor with the jacket, so I'll be more straightforward. I think it's petty to complain about city drivers not actually rolling a million miles.
I disagree there conversion is insulting to the drivers that really drive a million miles. Just because a city driver is clocked in on city P&D pay code and driver 10 miles to a 3 hour sort and seg gets 50+ mile and he spends most of the time parked is BS

The drivers at our barn pretty much do it all at this point because of lack of being properly staffed and I mean All.

I disagree there conversion is insulting to the drivers that really drive a million miles. Just because a city driver is clocked in on city P&D pay code and driver 10 miles to a 3 hour sort and seg gets 50+ mile and he spends most of the time parked is BS
Spoken like the self centered super trucker you are....