Holland | Why Not!!!!!

abfempm

TB Regular
Credits
Hundreds layed off !why are we not organizing estes!!!!!!!!!!!!they are not happy.ask them .i live 15 miles from there terminal.i would be there every day!!!!!!!!why are we not asked.think about it

Hundreds layed off !why are we not organizing estes!!!!!!!!!!!!they are not happy.ask them .i live 15 miles from there terminal.i would be there every day!!!!!!!!why are we not asked.think about it

Shhhh. Don't let them hear you say that. If Estes gets peeved they may pull our leases, then where we gonna punch in? :nutkick:

Oh are union will when they start running out of dues money, but not until then, they still have us non-union represented, paying dus fools paying their check every week

what does jimmy hoffa and the ibt have to offer,good wages,pension,job security,no more. we are the horses *** now.

i know this will not sound nice but ,how many unhappy non-union employees RIGHT NOW would want to represented by Jimmy Hoffa and company. in my opinion HE (JIMMY) seems to being a real good buddy of Dollar Bill just based upon what others here on the boards have written.

i know this will not sound nice but ,how many unhappy non-union employees RIGHT NOW would want to represented by Jimmy Hoffa and company. in my opinion HE (JIMMY) seems to being a real good buddy of Dollar Bill just based upon what others here on the boards have written.

Not to worry ,when this dog and pony show comes to end (YRCW). so does the freight division of the Teamsters.

every time i get on and read this ::shit:: i get mad. usf was a dam good company. and yrc sucks big time :Flame-On:

Not sure if you are trying to stir ::shit:: or not but lets take your post at face value. Yes we are upset!!! No way would I want to be NON! The reasons may escape you, but we all know why. :popcorn:

they gain nothing

Im sure the Estes guys are fully aware of the yrc, Holland and new penn nightmare
And they know abf is jumping on the gravy train soon. Why on earth would they go teamster? They already have pay cuts, a broke retirement plan, and part timers. They don’t need the teamsters for anything.

Im sure the Estes guys are fully aware of the yrc, Holland and new penn nightmare
And they know abf is jumping on the gravy train soon. Why on earth would they go teamster? They already have pay cuts, a broke retirement plan, and part timers. They don’t need the teamsters for anything.

I just want to set the record straight, no flaming intended. Estes did give their employees a pay raise this year, they also have a functional matching 401k ( i know it would be nice to have a real employer funded pension) and the only part timers I know of are dock and clerical.

I just want to set the record straight, no flaming intended. Estes did give their employees a pay raise this year, they also have a functional matching 401k ( i know it would be nice to have a real employer funded pension) and the only part timers I know of are dock and clerical.

No pay cut and our PT dockworkers start at 16.40 an hour and receive regular raises. We have some at top rate right now making 21.40 an hour and work whatever hours/days they want if the work is there. Just saying... But I'd still vote yes if it was presented to me.

what about them ?

No flame received, being a dock worker (was anyway) that doesn’t sit well with me. I was pissed when the teamsters I worked with and the IBT sold us dock workers out, so much for the brotherhood bull ::shit::. Good for you and the pay raise and the 401k, its nice to see workers like you getting ahead. Now if that poor schmuck that loads your truck and the girl who bills that load could just have a chance at a real job I might feel better. I left this industry and won’t be back, I just hope the best for those poor clerical/dock workers that Are getting screwed. They are real people with families and mortgages just like the rest of us, not outsourced cheap labor
To be used up and thrown away.

If you want to organize something organize the truck load sector... Almost everyone I know no matter what company it is there unhappy. There is an unlimited amount of resource if they would organize J.B Hunt, Swift and the Great pumpkin.