TForce | why only picking up stops once a week ??

I've done P&D but have been road for the last 9 years. I have a question. If it's 10 minutes in and out per stop, how do you have time to investigate leads? From the time you hit the dock, get into the business, get the door up and plate in, get someone to move the freight off the trailer, close everything up , get the DR signed, back to the truck, get paperwork right, I mean really??? And I know none if the stuff listed goes smoothly that often. Waiting on a forklift, having the signer disappear on you etc. is normal. Plus customer relations with a driver has to be none existent. I hear they change areas more often than dispatchers change underwear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been around too long to buy into that one. Are you city or road?

Road, No one is asking you to buy in to anything. They do as I have described. If they haul unprofitable freight it's gone before to long. Just like any other carrier.

Now tell me how long you been around???

Its not just Holland but Conway and Fed ex also. Upsf wants to run 3 days one direction and 2 days the other way. Cant tell you how many customers are upset with this foolishness. We are told that its not profitable to go out there with one stop. HELLO what about pick ups????? Once again its Numbers,numbers,numbers. And we don't have the man power to service rural areas everyday. Ovnt never ever did this kind of thing to its customers. Oh well I'm only paid from the neck down. Ill just keep plugging for 24 months and be quite. Heres a good one. We need you guys to get leads for us......Why so we can tell them were not in the area today and tick off even more people.....I feel better now that's out. I'm good to go now. Thanks for the shoulder guys. lol

Wow do you need me to take you to lunch??? Don't you know UPS can treat any customer the way they want and thinks they will follow the shield. Your right about one thing you cant service areas one day a week or like you said two days in one area and only three days we need to service areas every day that's why theirs no freight in some for are areas customers never know when where in the area so they give it away. Remember the model of UPS is to TREAT EVERY CUSTOMER AS IF THEY WERE YOUR LAST...:LMAO: Something they need to go back to...
Lets do breakfast some day and pi@% off the dark sides circle..:coffee1:

Road, No one is asking you to buy in to anything. They do as I have described. If they haul unprofitable freight it's gone before to long. Just like any other carrier.

Now tell me how long you been around???
I've been around long enough to know better. And we have yet another road driver how knows more about the city than the city drivers do. :hysterical: We have one of those who brags how he never damaged any freight. Never put the forks through a skid ahead of the short one he had on the forks, never backed out of a trailer with a 10' long piece and hit a skid sitting right behind the trailer, etc. :shrug:

I've been around too long to buy into that one. Are you city or road?

You don't buy into UPS makes deals with the customers on parcel and freight? Or you don't buy into UPSF makes a profit?

Then you talk about a driver that brags he never damages freight.

You are not making any sense. But UPSF rules. I love my job. I'm bragging I have the best job in LTL...

OK, Your turn...

Wow do you need me to take you to lunch??? Don't you know UPS can treat any customer the way they want and thinks they will follow the shield. Your right about one thing you cant service areas one day a week or like you said two days in one area and only three days we need to service areas every day that's why theirs no freight in some for are areas customers never know when where in the area so they give it away. Remember the model of UPS is to TREAT EVERY CUSTOMER AS IF THEY WERE YOUR LAST...:LMAO: Something they need to go back to...
Lets do breakfast some day and pi@% off the dark sides circle..:coffee1:
Hey my old buddy is back. Yepper lets do brkfst with the dark side maybe we can learn some things???? Ok maybe not learn anything but brkfst sounds good.

You don't buy into UPS makes deals with the customers on parcel and freight? Or you don't buy into UPSF makes a profit?

Then you talk about a driver that brags he never damages freight.

You are not making any sense. But UPSF rules. I love my job. I'm bragging I have the best job in LTL...

OK, Your turn...
UPS makes deals alright, how do you think they get the freight they do? Is it because they wanted to see you come in every day? Do you think it's because they want you to pull it from point A to point B overnight? And I question whether or not they make much of a profit if any. Do you have numbers we can examine?

The point was we have a road driver bragging like he was a city driver.

It is always good to feel like you have a good job, let alone the best and congratulations on that. While we're busy bragging I'll brag that I'll be 56 this year with 25 years in a pension fund, which will pay me enough that I can live on it. I have no debt and don't need any major repairs or purchases in the near future.

UPS makes deals alright, how do you think they get the freight they do? Is it because they wanted to see you come in every day? Do you think it's because they want you to pull it from point A to point B overnight? And I question whether or not they make much of a profit if any. Do you have numbers we can examine?

It is always good to feel like you have a good job, let alone the best and congratulations on that. While we're busy bragging I'll brag that I'll be 56 this year with 25 years in a pension fund, which will pay me enough that I can live on it. I have no debt and don't need any major repairs or purchases in the near future.

I'd like to sincerely say good for you! Now that the niceness is out of the way.... I thought you were older than me. Now I read the ugly truth. You bastard!! LOL

You are two funny...

I bet my truck is faster than your truck... :fan:

I'd like to sincerely say good for you! Now that the niceness is out of the way.... I thought you were older than me. Now I read the ugly truth. You bastard!! LOL

Me so sorry.