TForce | Why should we sign cards and go union

Energizer

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard all the bull about same pay as parcel side but we are not the same as parcel.I thought we were about equal with the other LTL carriers better than some a little less then others? Can't see what they are going to do that we don't already have. They can promise the world but doesn't mean they can and will deleiver

Energizer said:
I have heard all the bull about same pay as parcel side but we are not the same as parcel.I thought we were about equal with the other LTL carriers better than some a little less then others? Can't see what they are going to do that we don't already have. They can promise the world but doesn't mean they can and will deleiver

You should go back and read some of the past posts. You might have some of your concerns answered.

Energizer said:

Energizer, the only people here on the boards talking about getting the same pay as package drivers have been Overnite employees themselves.

Most union members here have come right out and said that there is no way UPSF will win a contract with package wages.

Energizer said:
Your right ... so wait and see what the contract reads after they get done with Indy !
Besides, your pay scale may be close however several smaller items should be addressed. Holding and delay time, sick and personal days, protecting employees rights etc.
Maybe the list could go on and on with these items, but why don't you wait to see what comes about with the first contract and decide for yourself.

Energizer said:
Why do you think I'm a manager? Wrong answer!!
Actually I was half joking....I don't understand your total negativity towards the activity at your terminal. You already seem to think that nothing will be worked out. It's not going to be like it was last time by either party. UPS couldn't care less if you guys go Union....they'll take care of you through negotiations and they'll expect the moon from all of you after that. Your terminal can't be too happy with the way things are going or there wouldn't be an 80% card drive already confirmed. Are you satisfied with giving the company many free hours a year on breakdowns, snowstorms...half pay after 4 hours and all of the other things that UPSF drivers have posted here that they're unhappy about? If so, I guess you can vote no on the Contract when it's ratified.

E ... you seem to like to use "bull" or "bs" a lot, i guess i should not expect anything other than that from you.

Energizer said:
I'm sure there are some things we can get with a contract...But, it's all open to negotiations. Of course there are some things we could loose too!
It should be interesting.
Contrary to everyones thinking in Indy...I don't think joining the Union is going to be a bed of roses.

Energizer said:
Be prepared to have every Wanna Be Teamster call you someone swayed by management or just plain old wrong......:wacko:

Rebel said:
I'm sure there are some things we can get with a contract...But, it's all open to negotiations. Of course there are some things we could loose too!
It should be interesting.
Contrary to everyones thinking in Indy...I don't think joining the Union is going to be a bed of roses.
According to all the wanna be or Teamster posters everything will be great we can walk or drive down the street holding hands.....Just forget the fact they are losing members faster than they can replace them..........:17:

Johnnybegood said:
Oh my i feel honored.....We now with your anti company views they would not choose you either....
Pro-Union doesn't automatically mean anti-Company....no matter what they tell you.

Johnnybegood said:
Thats funny you think everyone antiunion is a manager.....:BS:
One of the requirement's to be a manager..you must have a brain....I would not be very proud to call you a teamster brother,,,I don't think I would want my dues waisted protecting you,we are much better off without guys like you...your the type that give us a bad name.

:bicycle: