Why Tapatalk and Forum Runner is no longer an option at Truckingboards

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

First go to google and search "no longer support tapatalk" You will get some interesting reading from lots of forums on the internet.

First and foremost I am not here to bash a product but the new Tapatalk layout is horrible but that's not the main reason.
    Tapatalk runs their own ads on the app, they pay forum owners a very small amount of their profits to the forum owners...
    Currently this is the breakdown on the users here and how they are accessing this website

[​IMG]

60% of the Traffic here right now is coming from a Tablet or Phone that means when Tapatalk is being used on all of those devices, Truckingboards loses 60% of the revenue it needs to support this website.

Plus on top of that there have been security issues in the past.

I am not trying to take away something you like but I can't afford to run those apps here and I can't afford the 70 dollars a month + setup fee to have a custom Truckingboards app developed .. If I did, I would have to put it on the Google Play Store and sell it to recoup funds.

Use your browser on your phone to go truckingboards.com , you will find it has a very nice layout and has no sidebar.

Thanks for being a Member here
    Jeff

2. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Our New Mobile Site

[​IMG]

3. crappie

crappie New Member

Good job Jeff. I hear you loud and clear. I'm behind you 100%.

Jeff likes this.
  4. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Thanks Ed