why the amish should never be truck drivers

20_yrs_2_go

Thank god for small favors ( pic on far left )
Credits
According to police, Lambright was attempting to make a delivery at a Walmart when she missed a turning, reports WBIW.

She said she tried to turn around in a parking lot, but it was not possible because there was equipment in the way.

She told police she did not feel confident in backing up the truck so she then attempted to cross the iron bridge.

Lambright was traveling more than 30 miles per hour in order to get the vehicle stuck that far on the bridge, according to police.

2FA93F2400000578-3377107-image-m-7_1451393988358.jpg

Police cited her for reckless operation of a tractor-trailer, a class B misdemeanor; disregarding a traffic control device, a class B infraction; and overweight on posted bridge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-Paoli-Indiana-Christmas.html#ixzz3w2NSjLq8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Old-Iron-Bridge-Paoli-Indiana-Christmas.html

Thanks for providing a means to fill in the questions of this gals error 20_yrs _2_go.
I do find is a bit odd that number one,the details were in a United Kingdom news article.
Along with number two, how this gal could have earned her CDL & driven for as long as she did with out math skills.

Looks like a pretty lame excuse to me,but then again she had to come up with some explanation for her actions.
In the many bridge crashes that have been posted on this forum,she isn't the first one who used ignorance as her defense.

amish =home schooling

maybe thats the problem ?
Not at all. Whoever certified her and hired her is the problem. Reading (and being able to understand) road signs is a license requirement.

Thanks for saying Amish equals dumb. I'll put my Amish heritage (and 45 year career- just short of 3 1/2 million miles since my last chargeable in 77, almost 4 million overall) against yours, sight unseen...

Not at all. Whoever certified her and hired her is the problem. Reading (and being able to understand) road signs is a license requirement.

Thanks for saying Amish equals dumb. I'll put my Amish heritage (and 45 year career- just short of 3 1/2 million miles since my last chargeable in 77, almost 4 million overall) against yours, sight unseen...
She has said she read the sign and understood that it read 6 tons. What she failed at was math, converting pounds to tons. She drove over the bridge anyway because she's lazy.

lol a couple months ago you were Jewish but now your changing over to amish with a couple million under your belt

your something special grandpa

I do find is a bit odd that number one,the details were in a United Kingdom news article.

im not surprised at all as a matter of fact fox news is snatching up media companies left and right

the wall street journal and national geographic are the latest additions

lol a couple months ago you were Jewish but now your changing over to amish with a couple million under your belt

your something special grandpa
My ancestors were chased from Switzerland for being AnaBaptist (Penna Dutch/ Amish.) My wife's ancestors were Russian Jews. Together, we're the typical American Melting Pot.

I've explained it before. You have Selective Amnesia.