Why The Giants Targeted A Player Prone To Concussions

To "target" the other team's skilled players is nothing new. As athletes, most don't wish any permanent harm to the opponents, but to try to knock them out of the game with hard hits is common. Anyone that's ever played sports, and was any good, understands that. And with football, by dishing out hard hits early in the game, you can influence the receivers into getting "alligator arms", and make running backs and quarterbacks go down easier by trying to avoid the next hard hit. When you get cracked hard, you don't forget it right away. My son is a running back, and he knows that he is a target in every game, and understands the potential for injuries. But, that's the risk that you take when you take the field. This is nothing new.

Did he get a concussion? You target other players,because they fear of getting hurt...Not because they are out to injure the guy...Would they?

If that's the case,I'm calling the Giants "D" line and telling them that Tom Brady likes concussions...

I played to kill you....My Generation was the;.. "last of the clubbers". After 81' High School Football was banned from swinging at the guys helmet with your paddeed hands, and arms.

I always noticed when I, looked away from my arms ,smashing your helmet...that the Referee "would NOT throw a Flag" ,on me.

Forget about "Taking it easy on YOU"(QuarterbaCk, open feild tackles)(AkA; The Oakland Raiders....lol)....we f-ing tryied to kill you on every play...I wanted yOu off my Football field.....taken away to the Hospital....6months, or sudden death "We didn't care"

I was givin special bennys by School Teachers....They would, coddle me with chooise Grades on my report card. I would off never Graduated High School ..
"With-out Football"... Great Game !!

If it was an issue,his own team must not give a crap about his health.Kick and punt returners are very vulnerable and if his health was in question,he should not have been returning.(In hindsight,9ers probably wish he didnt either,lol)

This is football...You can get hurt...Believe it...Or not..... If he didn't think he should have been out there,he should have went to the team doctor and expressed his concerns...Evidently, he thought he was ready to go...All bets are off..

The way the NFL ( Not Fun League ) is going before to long your going to see pink flags on players !
Whether it's my teams, or the opponents, when these "new" rules create a penalty, I just come unglued. I feel for the players safety, and don't want them sidelined, but these new rules are driving me crazy. Zero excitement on kickoff returns, can't touch a quarterback, hitting a defenseless receiver, helmet to helmet contact (with only a split second to change head position), and unnecessary roughness for growling at an opponent are all impacting the game. These new rules are turning it into powder puff football in my opinion.

Well,I got kinda upset at the officiating in the Saints/49ers game when they didn't call the head to head contact on Thomas at the 49er goal line...If you're gonna call it all game,make the call..I don't know if it would have made a difference in the outcome,but call the game...If that wasn't head to head,I don't know what is...We lost..Done..

I have to agree with all the posts in this thread. But it was a dumb thing for the Giant players to say. They were going after him because he had the ball. To even mention being prone to concussions was stupid. I have been a Giants fan all of my life. The Giants have below average special teams this year and should be very careful shooting their mouths off. They were lucky to have won that game.

Being an ex-Bengal fan..... then, becoming a Bengal fAn again.....lol. I hate the 9er's....hate em' , they suck kiNda hAte....lol

9er's our pOOl scUm