SAIA | Why the massive turnover will continue.

What’s next? Job security. It’s overrated .. The “management rights clause” in all contracts allow them to basically do what they want. You can grieve it but there’s no guarantee it will go you’re way. Especially with a steward under the TM’s desk.
Job security overrated? Your not up for any kind of debate

Start up the saia union thread why don't you
Because it’s pointless. IBT can’t even organize XPO or FedEx company wide. They just don’t have an attractive product for younger drivers. You can get into specifics if you like, but bottom line is IBT must modernize and clean out the top company owned leadership before drivers will consider it a good option.

Because it’s pointless. IBT can’t even organize XPO or FedEx company wide. They just don’t have an attractive product for younger drivers. You can get into specifics if you like, but bottom line is IBT must modernize and clean out the top company owned leadership before drivers will consider it a good option.
Yes yes my brother. Did the xpo union thread turn out to be pointless? I suggest the saia people head on over there.

Yes yes my brother. Did the xpo union thread turn out to be pointless? I suggest the saia people head on over there.
Yes, it is pointless and ultimately this so-called campaign will fail just like at FedEx. I read it everyday. It’s just a redundant stupid ass thread that should be put out of it’s misery like Jeff did the FedEx union thread. The Teamsters have a defective product that worked well for the older generations but devolved over the years with poor leadership. Why don’t you go to the ABF AND YRC forums and read what their own members think of them? Don’t take our word for it. The Teamsters never would have organized Overnite if UPS hadn’t bought them. The Teamsters have no leverage because they bring nothing to the table for the new hires among many other issues. Old relics like yourself that bask in the glory years isn’t enough. The keyboard warriors on here can’t reach the masses with a platform that’s just too small like this site and even if they could you can’t sell a defective product. The small group of posters with the same old ::shit::. The free healthcare (ultimately nothing is free)>>>pension>>>the job security and so on. It’s not enough and FedEx demonstrated that with a decertification. As far as a union thread here it’s been done and ended with the same result. FAILURE!!! You can’t run an efficient LTL company here in 2018 with restrictive work rules that the Teamsters have. The competition would eat you alive. Deregulation put most unionized carriers out of business and the Teamsters did the rest. It’s a failed business model who’s days have come and gone. That’s the very reason why this industry is predominantly union free and will continue to stay that way.

Last edited:
Disprited, unmotivated, unappreciated workers cannot compete in a highly competitive market. Culture is about performance, and making people feel good about how they contribute to the whole. SAIA must get back to what made them successful in the first place. CULTURE!!! Somehow it’s be lost.

Disprited, unmotivated, unappreciated workers cannot compete in a highly competitive market. Culture is about performance, and making people feel good about how they contribute to the whole. SAIA must get back to what made them successful in the first place. CULTURE!!! Somehow it’s be lost.
It’s been said a thousand times!!! To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace. Highly engaged employees make the customer experience. Disengaged employees break it. It’s as simple as that.

It’s been said a thousand times!!! To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace. Highly engaged employees make the customer experience. Disengaged employees break it. It’s as simple as that.
Our sales teams are not unaccountable for the disconnect with the drivers either. They rarely attend our preshift meetings and introduce new sales representatives. They need to be more interactive. Everyone is accountable for the culture change going on.

Last edited:
The company appears to be happy with just hiring and hiring and hiring and not concerning themselves with turnover. They know they can always fill the seats and they know many of the senior guys are drowning in debt and must stay. Conway (XPO) played the turnover game when they first got the cameras. And they are thriving today. The culture here is changing but as long as the numbers stay good I don’t think they really care. It’s a business plain and simple. Just know you’re place. What bothers me the most is Old Dominion is getting our best drivers and in return we must scrape the bottom of the barrel for what’s leftover.:horseshit:
Maybe they should study up on how OD treats their employees.

Yes, it is pointless and ultimately this so-called campaign will fail just like at FedEx. I read it everyday. It’s just a redundant stupid ass thread that should be put out of it’s misery like Jeff did the FedEx union thread. The Teamsters have a defective product that worked well for the older generations but devolved over the years with poor leadership. Why don’t you go to the ABF AND YRC forums and read what their own members think of them? Don’t take our word for it. The Teamsters never would have organized Overnite if UPS hadn’t bought them. The Teamsters have no leverage because they bring nothing to the table for the new hires among many other issues. Old relics like yourself that bask in the glory years isn’t enough. The keyboard warriors on here can’t reach the masses with a platform that’s just too small like this site and even if they could you can’t sell a defective product. The small group of posters with the same old :::shit:::. The free healthcare (ultimately nothing is free)>>>pension>>>the job security and so on. It’s not enough and FedEx demonstrated that with a decertification. As far as a union thread here it’s been done and ended with the same result. FAILURE!!! You can’t run an efficient LTL company here in 2018 with restrictive work rules that the Teamsters have. The competition would eat you alive. Deregulation put most unionized carriers out of business and the Teamsters did the rest. It’s a failed business model who’s days have come and gone. That’s the very reason why this industry is predominantly union free and will continue to stay that way.
What would happen if there were no unionized ltl carriers out there? Would it be for the better or the worse for the Non? Ask an old overnite driver if he's happy being a teamster.....just don't ask yourself of course. Where would ltl be today if everyone was organized?? Why are truck drivers so hard to organize? How come young hires coming into this game only care about starting pay?

If you care about your fellow employees like you say wouldn't it be in everyone's interest including yourself to organize?
It’s not in their best interest. Plain and simple. I’ve listened to their pitch and know what they offer. FedEx is a prime example. They listened and decertified because it’s a downgrade from what they have now. Educate yourself with today’s Teamsters. Not the glory days. The 2018 Teamsters.

What would happen if there were no unionized ltl carriers out there? Would it be for the better or the worse for the Non? Ask an old overnite driver if he's happy being a teamster.....just don't ask yourself of course. Where would ltl be today if everyone was organized?? Why are truck drivers so hard to organize? How come young hires coming into this game only care about starting pay?
I’ve answered these questions multiple times and I’m not going to repeat myself. At least not tonight.

:funky:
It’s not in their best interest. Plain and simple. I’ve listened to their pitch and know what they offer. FedEx is a prime example. They listened and decertified because it’s a downgrade from what they have now. Educate yourself with today’s Teamsters. Not the glory days. The 2018 Teamsters.
I like how you speak for everyone else

Our sales teams are not unaccountable for the disconnect with the drivers either. They rarely attend our preshift meetings and introduce new sales representatives. They need to be more interactive. Everyone is accountable for the culture change going on.
These are important topics the company needs to address. Whether they will is anybody’s guess.