SAIA | Why the massive turnover will continue.

It’s not in their best interest. Plain and simple. I’ve listened to their pitch and know what they offer. FedEx is a prime example. They listened and decertified because it’s a downgrade from what they have now. Educate yourself with today’s Teamsters. Not the glory days. The 2018 Teamsters.
The biggest reason they decertified is that that they have a Founder/CEO with a deep hate for any union. IMHO

The reasons for the decertifications are many but no voting people being well-informed about what a no vote would bring them just isn’t true. Of course they and everyone else are finding out now. Only by fighting did we make positive changes for everyone, it just wasn’t enough... too many chose to sit and watch and not participate at other centers. Hopefully in the future, IF it ever happens again, more will choose to stand together in unity. Only time will tell. I will always be a yes vote and will fight for what I feel is right, nor am I afraid to. I cannot adopt an attitude like RAT where the company can do whatever it wants, and just take it. Some people like RAT are content to have their lips welded to the corporate buttocks.... I don’t get it, but it is what it is I guess.

Last edited:
Seeing that this thread has, like many before it, taken on the atmosphere of a “union yes or no”...my thought is this. If the union were to try to gain any real traction at any Saia terminal, I think Saia would start firing drivers in a pre-emtive move. Just use contract drivers or short term transfers to weather the storm until things calm down.

The reasons for the decertifications are many but no voting people being well-informed about what a no vote would bring them just isn’t true. Of course they and everyone else are finding out now. Only by fighting did we make positive changes for everyone, it just wasn’t enough... too many chose to sit and watch and not participate at other centers. Hopefully in the future, IF it ever happens again, more will choose to stand together in unity. Only time will tell. I will always be a yes vote and will fight for what I feel is right, nor am I afraid to. I cannot adopt an attitude like RAT where the company can do whatever it wants, and just take it. Some people like RAT are content to have their lips welded to the corporate buttocks.... I don’t get it, but it is what it is I guess.
I beg to differ, everyone was well informed of what a no vote would bring...which is why they voted no

A lot of people conform to Train’s “attitude”...they aren’t afraid to call the company on their BS and they don’t need a union or anyone else to do it for them

A lot of people conform to Train’s “attitude”...they aren’t afraid to call the company on their BS and they don’t need a union or anyone else to do it for them
Our company does listen to us and have made many changes that have been addressed on here and in pre-shift meetings. Sometimes things move slow but our voices are heard and we know this because we see change. Things don’t always go our way but sometimes they do. We don’t need a third party to represent us it’s just that simple. Hoot if you want to call me an ass kisser go right ahead. SAIA’s culture has changed some over the years but one thing will never change about it. The culture of being union free since 1924.

Our company does listen to us and have made many changes that have been addressed on here and in pre-shift meetings. Sometimes things move slow but our voices are heard and we know this because we see change. Things don’t always go our way but sometimes they do. We don’t need a third party to represent us it’s just that simple. Hoot if you want to call me an ass kisser go right ahead. SAIA’s culture has changed some over the years but one thing will never change about it. The culture of being union free since 1924.
Agreed. Companies like ours don’t make changes on a whim, decisions are analyzed, studied, over analyzed, over studied, etc, and sometimes by the time changes are made they’re outdated or obsolete....and let’s be honest, sometimes the ones making the changes have no clue as to what it actually takes to do our jobs!!

First offense for rolling stops, red lights, and following distance is a suspension and 3 years of probation. Second offense is termination for the same offense such as another rolling stop. Total stupidity. Period .... and end of discussion. It should be a written warning for the first offense. Second offense should be a 5 day suspension and the third offense should be termination IMO. As long as they continue to belittle and bully drivers with this excessive policy they will continue to have massive turnover. No driver will work under the pressure of knowing his job could be lost with his next mistake. The 3 years of probation is the main issue. We had a big meeting in Garland today about this. You can’t sugar coat this. It’s totally wrong. I will be back later with specifics and what actually prompted this meeting.
Where is all this black/white your referring
First offense for rolling stops, red lights, and following distance is a suspension and 3 years of probation. Second offense is termination for the same offense such as another rolling stop. Total stupidity. Period .... and end of discussion. It should be a written warning for the first offense. Second offense should be a 5 day suspension and the third offense should be termination IMO. As long as they continue to belittle and bully drivers with this excessive policy they will continue to have massive turnover. No driver will work under the pressure of knowing his job could be lost with his next mistake. The 3 years of probation is the main issue. We had a big meeting in Garland today about this. You can’t sugar coat this. It’s totally wrong. I will be back later with specifics and what actually prompted this meeting.
Law is law, don’t break it, if the company is that chicken .... go next door. Reading others boards there complaining about bugs on the windshield.