SAIA | Why the massive turnover will continue.

I think Saia likes to operate with blinders on. They can’t seem to grasp the concept that happy employees are productive, safe, and will drive your company to the promised land. OD and XPO are both examples. But operating with your head in the sand will only perpetuate your culture and reap the same results. Maybe that’s the way they want it. Sure seems that way...

I think Saia likes to operate with blinders on. They can’t seem to grasp the concept that happy employees are productive, safe, and will drive your company to the promised land. OD and XPO are both examples. But operating with your head in the sand will only perpetuate your culture and reap the same results. Maybe that’s the way they want it. Sure seems that way...

I was trolling the boards and saw this topic. If I lost my job tomorrow, SAIA would be the last place I'd think of working due to the camera . Too many other viable choices out there

Dock to Driver program? That's funny RAT because at our terminal, they treat the dock workers so bad, they can't keep any around. People don't last long here. They hire on when they see how much they get paid but, leave when they find out how bad they get treated. We are always short of dock workers.

Dock to Driver program? That's funny RAT because at our terminal, they treat the dock workers so bad, they can't keep any around. People don't last long here. They hire on when they see how much they get paid but, leave when they find out how bad they get treated. We are always short of dock workers.
We ( XPO ) recently lost a dockworker to Estes. He was in the driver trainee program. A few weeks in and he told the terminal manager he was going to Estes to be a supervisor with a salary of $55k a year to start out. The TM said good luck.

We ( XPO ) recently lost a dockworker to Estes. He was in the driver trainee program. A few weeks in and he told the terminal manager he was going to Estes to be a supervisor with a salary of $55k a year to start out. The TM said good luck.

So, no resistance to someone who has some upside and a desire to be successful and move up. Really, what is Saia afraid of? Granted they don’t want to get into a bidding war, but to be that dismissive? Shows lack of vision (again).

Saia is the gutter of the LTL/over the road trucking outfits. Look @ all the post's in this Forum. Look no further. You answer is in front of you. von.

Saia is the gutter of the LTL/over the road trucking outfits. Look @ all the post's in this Forum. Look no further. You answer is in front of you. von.
All forums have issues. You want to troll over here and start trouble and I have no problem with that but get your facts straight. This company has one of the newest fleets in the LTL business and has won numerous safety awards. It has an outstanding operation ratio and is growing rapidly. When you work for a company you are considered family even if at times it may appear to be dysfunctional. We as SAIA employees have the right to bitch about our company. Like a real family I can bitch about my wife and kids all I want but as an outsider you don’t have that right. SAIA is the #9 carrier in LTL with 1.3 billion in annual revenue. Bring your facts next time before you place us in the gutter.

All forums have issues. You want to troll over here and start trouble and I have no problem with that but get your facts straight. This company has one of the newest fleets in the LTL business and has won numerous safety awards. It has an outstanding operation ratio and is growing rapidly. When you work for a company you are considered family even if at times it may appear to be dysfunctional. We as SAIA employees have the right to bitch about our company. Like a real family I can bitch about my wife and kids all I want but as an outsider you don’t have that right. SAIA is the #9 carrier in LTL with 1.3 billion in annual revenue. Bring your facts next time before you place us in the gutter.
I will not change my statement. I do not have facts. Just an idea on Saia. I could care less what # they are rated @. Let me repeat myself with NO evidence to back up my thoughts. SAIA, is the lowest of the low LTL trucking company's. Now, my opinion is just that a opinion. Just a thought, with Nothing to back up my thinking. But, if you look @ the turnover rate of SAIA versus ABF Freight or Fed-X, well the numbers speak for themselves. Your turn. von. Oh yea, I forgot. My new mission in life is to respond to your posts in the most negative way without being banned from this board. If during my mission, I can get you to waste your time responding to my posts, well, ya made my day. I will repeat myself, your turn. And to be honest, I am retired. So I consider my unpaid free time to waste on your posts, just that. Unpaid. Now, if I was still working, I wouldn't give you the time of day, much less a thought.

Last edited:
I will not change my statement. I do not have facts. Just an idea on Saia. I could care less what # they are rated @. Let me repeat myself with NO evidence to back up my thoughts. SAIA, is the lowest of the low LTL trucking company's. Now, my opinion is just that a opinion. Just a thought, with Nothing to back up my thinking. But, if you look @ the turnover rate of SAIA versus ABF Freight or Fed-X, well the numbers speak for themselves. Your turn. von. Oh yea, I forgot. My new mission in life is to respond to your posts in the most negative way without being banned from this board. If during my mission, I can get you to waste your time responding to my posts, well, ya made my day. I will repeat myself, your turn. And to be honest, I am retired. So I consider my unpaid free time to waste on your posts, just that. Unpaid. Now, if I was still working, I wouldn't give you the time of day, much less a thought.
Spoken like an angry child. Grow up.

This driver made 100k last year and was home every day at that as you called it (bottom of the gutter outfit) yes we have cameras and I hate them but have you seen our equipment it’s some of the best on the road

This driver made 100k last year and was home every day at that as you called it (bottom of the gutter outfit) yes we have cameras and I hate them but have you seen our equipment it’s some of the best on the road
I’m OK with the cameras now. It’s the Bluetooth policy that I hate.

I’m OK with the cameras now. It’s the Bluetooth policy that I hate.
There is always a way around any policy. You just need to be smarter than they are. If they want to play this “us against them” mentally then so be it. They will always come out on the losing end. We are the ones driving the trucks, not them. Game on ...

There is always a way around any policy. You just need to be smarter than they are. If they want to play this “us against them” mentally then so be it. They will always come out on the losing end. We are the ones driving the trucks, not them. Game on ...

The terminal I work out of has a city dispatcher / (prior P & D driver) that has finally figured this out ...... Not a fast learner by no means. The senior P & D had to coach him up...... the dispatchers trainer when he started with Saia Motor Freight years ago.