Yellow | why

Why would any one vote themselves out of this job ??????

This is why as quoted in the Local 89 post:

“There comes a time when you’ve got to fight back, and this is one of those times,” said President Zuckerman in today’s meeting. “The banks and Company are taking advantage of the situation.”
:452:

Dhostler1, Why do you work?
$$$$ to support you family and loved ones, I would hope.
If your going to work for below industry standard to support the Company, than you are way off in left field.
I use to be a owner operator and got my ideas mixed up once and was living in a truck to support the company and everyone else and pay taxes, etc.
I cost me a family, my truck and owed a lot of $$$$ in taxes supporting everyone else.
Never again, NEVER AGAIN.
One has to make a living and the pay rate has gone down way below industry standards if they get this next contract.
Do you want to pay your MORGAGE, or are you too worried about losing your job.
There is lots of driving jobs, YES LOTS AVAILABLE, dam look even at Craigslist or you unemployment list, DAM IT boy drivers are in demand.
I know cause I just looked even to day. Check your newspapers adds on line. What is a matter with you? If your a truck driver you have very little to be nervous about, at least if you are a real driver.
They have taken it all from you already and if they want more VOTE NO, This is enough give backs. And this crap about the best benefits on the market is not true any more the company has taken them from you and now they are below industry standards.
VOTE NO

Last edited by a moderator:
If your going to work for below industry standard to support the Company, than you are way off in left field.
I use to be a owner operator and got my ideas mixed up once and was living in a truck to support the company and everyone else and pay taxes, etc.
I cost me a family, my truck and owed a lot of $$$$ in taxes supporting everyone else.
One has to make a living and the pay rate has gone down way below industry standards if they get this next contract.
There is lots of driving jobs, YES LOTS AVAILABLE, dam look even at Craigslist or you unemployment list, DAM IT boy drivers are in demand.
I know cause I just looked even to day. Check your newspapers adds on line. What is a matter with you? If your a truck driver you have very little to be envious about, at least a real driver.
They have take it all from you already and if they want more VOTE NO, This is enough give backs. And this crap about the best benefits on the market is not true any more the company has taken them rom you and now they are below industry standards.
VOTE NO

way below your out in left field compare the whole package and we are still right near thetop but you want to below then good luck on new job and paying for insurance no ot etc start at the bottom no vacation you should milk this till it closes and it will just when January 8th or sept 2014

don't worry your vote doesn't count they already counted them before they mailed them lol

unemployment here i come a nice long 6 month vacation I can afford it most cant so feel bad for the majority oh for you people ill file bk remember now a days they check your credit score to see if they want to hire you bk on credit report means no good paying job if you could find one

way below your out in left field compare the whole package and we are still right near thetop but you want to below then good luck on new job and paying for insurance no ot etc start at the bottom no vacation you should milk this till it closes and it will just when January 8th or sept 2014

Do you drill holes in your shoes so the **** running down your legs doesn't puddle in your sneakers?

Why would any one vote themselves out of this job ??????

Vote how YOU feel. Don't fret over all the BS. cellblock309 is correct, when the entire package is considered YRCF is a good job. Just not as good as it used to be. Good luck.

Near, the Top, I do not think so, and if this contract passes you will also be paying much more for insurance and as far as vacation is concerned. They have taken 1 week away from a lot of people and want to take more.
I am not going to continue this conversation with you be cause you are either management or you have not read the contract and or understand what is in it.
P.S. this is for 5 years in the future at the same pay scale and less benefits than you have now. and You have got nothing in the last 4 to 5 years and lost your Retirement.
You are not thinking right at all. Think about it not 2013 but start thinking lost or gone and working to 2018 in other words 10 years of you life with out even a retirement you will never get.
No cost of living raise and paying bigger amounts in you health also.

Near, the Top, I do not think so, and if this contract passes you will also be paying much more for insurance and as far as vacation is concerned. They have taken 1 week away from a lot of people and want to take more.
I am not going to continue this conversation with you be cause you are either management or you have not read the contract and or understand what is in it.
P.S. this is for 5 years in the future at the same pay scale and less benefits than you have now. and You have got nothing in the last 4 to 5 years and lost your Retirement.
You are not thinking right at all. Think about it not 2013 but start thinking lost or gone and working to 2018 in other words 10 years of you life with out even a retirement you will never get.
No cost of living raise and paying bigger amounts in you health also.

Totally agree, and don't forget about snap clauses. If this passes the next day they could say we are rolling in money and we are locked in until 2019

Totally agree, and don't forget about snap clauses. If this passes the next day they could say we are rolling in money and we are locked in until 2019

If there is ONE thing that is NOT going to occur, it's YRCW saying they really do have money. cellblock309 has some common sense, evidently you sir have none!

I know cause I just looked even to day. Check your newspapers adds on line. What is a matter with you? If your a truck driver you have very little to be nervous about, at least if you are a real driver.
They have taken it all from you already and if they want more VOTE NO, This is enough give backs. And this crap about the best benefits on the market is not true any more the company has taken them from you and now they are below industry standards.
VOTE NO

Why don't you post a link to these FANTASTIC jobs. I've been looking, so far I haven't seen any with $80,000+ wages, paid health insurance, and 4 weeks vacation.

I have told you were to look Albag, you want me to do the interview for you too?
Look is all I said.
This is not going to be a $80,000 job and if you had that much time with the union to have 4 weeks vacation and making $$$ like that you would be real upset about losing your pension.
And retiring soon or shortly.
Your paid health insurance is going away as they get control, sounds like you need Obama Care real bad to worry about your job so badly and give up your vacation and take a pay freeze for 10 years to 2018 and be paying more for you heath Insurance and no more pension.
It sounds like you work so you can keep health ben.... for your own agenda.
I will honor and encourage every one to vote the way their heart and mine tell's them too and will stand by the vote. Just like you or move on with what ever options are available to me.
It sounds like you have your own agenda. I have read your post 3 times and keep coming up with the same.

It's funny that Welsh fired the guy that he installed and after two years we have to finance a loan overnight. We didn't negotiate a contract with ABF because of the MOU but as soon as they get their supplements worked out we have to refinance. They are trying to get whatever they can out of you. If the finances are that bad they could file the bk anyway. Stand now or kneel til 2019

I have told you were to look Albag, you want me to do the interview for you too?
Look is all I said.
This is not going to be a $80,000 job and if you had that much time with the union to have 4 weeks vacation and making $$$ like that you would be real upset about losing your pension.
And retiring soon or shortly.
Your paid health insurance is going away as they get control, sounds like you need Obama Care real bad to worry about your job so badly and give up your vacation and take a pay freeze for 10 years to 2018 and be paying more for you heath Insurance and no more pension.
It sounds like you work so you can keep health ben.... for your own agenda.
I will honor and encourage every one to vote the way their heart and mine tell's them too and will stand by the vote. Just like you or move on with what ever options are available to me.
It sounds like you have your own agenda. I have read your post 3 times and keep coming up with the same.
Why do you insist we've had our wages frozen? Please show EVERYONE where in past MOUs wages were frozen. If you continue to spread half truths, I will continue to question them.
And yes I do have an agenda. It's making sure all of our Teamster brothers and sisters make an informed decision. Whether it's yes or no.
FYI I voted no. Primarily because YRCW wants to exclude non-CDL employees from receiving raises during the final 3 years of this agreement.
Please don't just read, comprehend before you distort facts.

Vote No !!

don't worry your vote doesn't count they already counted them before they mailed them lol

unemployment here i come a nice long 6 month vacation I can afford it most cant so feel bad for the majority oh for you people ill file bk remember now a days they check your credit score to see if they want to hire you bk on credit report means no good paying job if you could find one

6 months ?? In Chicago you get 500$ a week for 2 years. I'll set up the direct deposit and head to south florida. Good times

If there is ONE thing that is NOT going to occur, it's YRCW saying they really do have money. cellblock309 has some common sense, evidently you sir have none!

I said they COULD, illustrating the point that if this is voted in we are locked in until 2019 no matter what. I will not even consider anything unless there are SnapBack clauses and an oversight committee. I have enough common sense to know when someone's pissing on my leg and trying to convince me it's raining, you sir are a raging ass kisser!

For some one who obviously has a thing for Hunter S. Thompson your reading comprehension is questionable. It was just an example of what they could do and we would have no recourse. You say you voted no, but you have been cheering on the yes votes. Also, back to the HST admiration you have, are you trying to be ironic? HST advocated drugs, alcohol, violence, and insanity. He was opposed to Authoritarianism, but you seem to tow the company line ALOT. What the deal?

Last edited by a moderator: