ODFL | "Wild card" driver at the Albuquerque terminal.

Out of HAR, you always get your scheduled two days off whether you're wild turn or wild bag. Plus, our wild drivers start within a set start time window - it's not all over the place unless you start having longer or shorter shifts where your 10 is up at a different time than when you started at the beginning of your week. We have night turn, day turn, and bag for extra board.

You don't need to "earn" days off. This ain't truckload OTR.
I was just wondering cause I filled out an app my self for linehaul with OD. Here at ABF there are no scheduled days off for extraboard. We need 6 trips to get days off and stay on call until you do. So if you miss days your days off change. You can't never make any plans.... Also wondering how long does it usually take to hear back? It's only been about 3 days since I sent in my app.

I was just wondering cause I filled out an app my self for linehaul with OD. Here at ABF there are no scheduled days off for extraboard. We need 6 trips to get days off and stay on call until you do. So if you miss days your days off change. You can't never make any plans.... Also wondering how long does it usually take to hear back? It's only been about 3 days since I sent in my app.
The Commerce City CO terminal got back to me in like a week. Albuquerque got back to me in about 2-3 weeks. Then again, I was also kind of bugging the guy each week too!!

Sure don't seem them on here asking for city, everyone wants to be line because it requires the least amount of work but we've been through this.
Granted, city driver's bust their humps. But as you say you have the gifted few that somehow have a different work ethic. In fact line has it's share of laziness also. See you have the Old School mentality and you have the new mentality. I read a book therefore I know more than a driver that's been driving for 30 years.

Granted, city driver's bust their humps. But as you say you have the gifted few that somehow have a different work ethic. In fact line has it's share of laziness also. See you have the Old School mentality and you have the new mentality. I read a book therefore I know more than a driver that's been driving for 30 years.

Nothing wrong with the work of a P/D driver. But the interpersonal skills and service-with-a-smile mentality is something that I've never been a 100% good at. There's days where I'm glad to be at work, then there's day where I'm just severely bummed out. At least with a solitude-friendly position like line-haul runs, it's easier for me to keep my negative thoughts away from others.

About a week since the face to face. Called Ray back on Tuesday and he says he still hasn't gotten to getting the applications picked or through them. He says he'll call back in regards to the matter on Friday. In the meantime, I'm putting in apps elsewhere and trying to hold on at the milk hauler. Pittance.

About a week since the face to face. Called Ray back on Tuesday and he says he still hasn't gotten to getting the applications picked or through them. He says he'll call back in regards to the matter on Friday. In the meantime, I'm putting in apps elsewhere and trying to hold on at the milk hauler. Pittance.
Keep calling! I called multiple times a week for 3 months before I was told to come in for an interview. Very frustrating but I'm glad I didn't give up.

Keep calling! I called multiple times a week for 3 months before I was told to come in for an interview. Very frustrating but I'm glad I didn't give up.

Well, as I mentioned, there was already one, face to face interview with the terminal manager there. I called him already and he said he'd be looking at the apps again Friday or Monday. I'll wait, but don't want to play that game for too long.

Well, no-go again. Just an email from the main guy at ABQ saying he found his people, but will keep the app on file. At least it didn't sound like some garbage, canned response.
Any other ODFL terminals in immediate need for Line? I might reconsider Commerce City again if they'll let me.