ODFL | Wild driver

OD on OD

TB Lurker
Credits
Question. I have the opportunity to move forward in the hiring process for a linehaul position at the gbo terminal. The term wild and bag driver is confusing me a bit. He told me I would most likely be a wild driver but he said he has to contact the linehaul manager to make sure. Which one is preferred by most drivers, wild or bag? He told me most drivers prefer wild because of more home time but then I was thinking wouldn't I make way less money? But if anyone can take the time out and answer these questions it'll be greatly appreciated. I have to make a decision fast!

Bag is wild, same thing. Wild simply means you don't have a schedule run. Wild can be bag (laying over at hotels, needing to pack a bag, hence "bag" ), or turn. Wild turn drivers are home daily. Wild bag can be out a week at a time.

Bag is wild, same thing. Wild simply means you don't have a schedule run. Wild can be bag (laying over at hotels, needing to pack a bag, hence "bag" ), or turn. Wild turn drivers are home daily. Wild bag can be out a week at a time.

If the freight is available, sure. I like to stay out a week, but sometimes all I can get is turns. They're not all bad, either. I've run plenty of 600+ mile turns, and had some 430 mile days while bagging out. Just depends on freight
So I can get turns and be home more as a wild driver?

Ok thanks. Is it possible I can be a wild turn driver being a new OD driver? Or is that highly unlikely?
You will be a wild driver. Meaning you don't have a set run or set out time, you go wherever whenever. If you want to stay out for a week at a time that's up to you.