Estes | Wild ride..

I'll bet he'll be sore in the morning.. But good job driva..
The guy is a hero.You cant look at any media without seeing that video,lol....Loaded,on thin ice is one thing,but empty set is very dangerous.
Well, to some networks he was, others were saying, "What the heck was he doing on the road"? Well, "What the hell was the 4 wheelers doing out there,moron"? Made me get the heebie jebbies when I had to pull an empty knowing ice was out there... Good job driver... I know you'll know what to do next time.... I know it was the first time It happened to me, I got real cautious after that... And I wasn't doing but 30 mph when mine headed to the ditch...

And I used to think crossing RR tracks on my dirt bike was rough.

Many, many years ago I had an experience with a set in Wyoming. I was headed East and had slowed down to about 15 mph to cross over a patch of ice. After some wiggling around and a slide off the side of the road, I was looking West. To my surprise both boxes were still on their wheels and there was only minor damage to a corner cap on the rear box. I can relate to the ride, but it was nothing like what this driver went through. I was happy to him moving about and open the door. It's like NASCAR, a driver puts the window net down, you know they are okay.

We used to work for R & L. 9 months of the year, it was a great place to work. In the winter, not great. Management would force you out in conditions you knew were unsafe. You would protest, but were told go, or go home and don't come back. There were many times I knew I should not be out there. I drove for 41 years, in all kinds of conditions. At times when I should not have. I really don,t think tho they are any different from most other LTL outfits in this respect. On several occasions, when we were out, not on the yard, we did stop until things got better. If you were at a terminal you got pushed out, regardless.

The NJ Turnpike has electronic overhead signs warning of dangerous road conditions and lower speeds. From the looks of the speed of the other cars I doubt that the highway's black ice condition was posted or that the speed was lowered. I think the driver did a great job of stopping his set without hitting anybody.