FedEx Freight | Will be Union before long.

SIKOFITALL

TB Lurker
Credits
It hurts to say but just listening to the guys out here everyday , and what the opinions of the drivers about the company, it's coming. Especially Midwest. More and more drivers are saying there is a surprise coming to FXF high ups. I expressed this concern to my CCM about this at my center years ago, saying they are pushing to hard and they're asking the Union in the front door. His quote to me, Won't happen. This new safety deal may have been the tipping point. That's all we need to make this place a real hell hole yet. Thanks Pat.

Has any of you contacted your local organizer? I know who mine is at Teamsters Local 71. I haven't contacted him about FedEx.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hurts to say but just listening to the guys out here everyday , and what the opinions of the drivers about the company, it's coming. Especially Midwest. More and more drivers are saying there is a surprise coming to FXF high ups. I expressed this concern to my CCM about this at my center years ago, saying they are pushing to hard and they're asking the Union in the front door. His quote to me, Won't happen. This new safety deal may have been the tipping point. That's all we need to make this place a real hell hole yet. Thanks Pat.
I'm guessing you'd be a no vote.
You almost seem fearful of the union. Why?

If we could get a deal like UPS has I would be interested. I would vote no if we had to use the central states pension.

The way FXF is pushing us and all the new BS that comes out of Memphis daily. Corporate is just SCREAMING for us to call in the Union.The bad part is the Union can't fix what is wrong. And nobody on here can tell my that they can. Back in the day the Union could have helped. Today there all about money and power and not for the members.

Unions today only serve whatever party benefits them the best. That in mind, I am not giving up a cent of my pay just to help Hillary secure the next election.

Regardless if a union can help FxF, this is where your money goes. If you dont believe that, you are a FOOL.

Unions today only serve whatever party benefits them the best. That in mind, I am not giving up a cent of my pay just to help Hillary secure the next election.

Regardless if a union can help FxF, this is where your money goes. If you dont believe that, you are a FOOL.

What's new? It's not like it's a big secret the GOP hates Unions and workers rights. Why do you think Fred donates to, and votes Republican?

Any money given to candidates by the Teamsters is derived from their Drive Fund, contributions are voluntary. I was a Teamster for 37 years and never gave a penny to drive, they always seemed to support democrats who turned around and stabbed us in the back. Regarding mrpostman's comment on a discount on health insurance, health insurance is provided at no cost. Just trying to set the record straight.

UPS Freight is at 26.55 an hour with a paid for pension....I'd jump on that.......well worth $56 a month in dues I think. To each their own though....

We need job security. I know slouches are protected by the union in some instances, but we lose good men over b.s. reasons without it. The pros outweigh the cons.

UPS Freight is at 26.55 an hour with a paid for pension....I'd jump on that.......well worth $56 a month in dues I think. To each their own though....
You don't OWN your pension the union does.There is no guarantee that when it comes time to retire you will have a pension. Give me my 401K anytime.

Shure is a lot of talk of this lately but who Gona pull the trigger first ? Kcy started it last year, anyone know what's ever happend with them lately ?

You don't OWN your pension the union does.There is no guarantee that when it comes time to retire you will have a pension. Give me my 401K anytime.

How much does the company contribute to your 401k? Do they match up to a certain amount? I don't work for FedEx, was just wondering. The Teamsters do offer a 401k plan besides the pension but the company will make no contributions, it's solely up to the employee to contribute. It's a good way to supplement your pension, defer taxes, and the account is yours, the Teamsters can't touch it, it's managed by Prudential.