FedEx Freight | Will be Union before long.

No, All they have to say is there is no return freight. If you guys ever decide to go union you better all agree on the wording of the contract and watch it carefully...

I don't believe we will unionize. I wish we would, but I don't see it happening.

This western states retiree just received his yearly letter from the fund. The plan is projected to be 91.5% funded for 2014.
The Teamsters just organized a company here, in NC, and got them in the western sates fund. Those new members are VERY happy about that

I don't believe we will unionize. I wish we would, but I don't see it happening.
I don't think they're after the big fish, they want as many little fish as possible, while hoping it attracts the big ones. It costs too much time, effort and money to go after FX. and clearly, there isn't a consensus amongst the employees.. There are going after who they think they can get, realistically.

You would think that as underfunded as central states is, they would ask that voluntary contributions be used to shore up underperforming pensions funds...

The Central States Pension fund is a multiemployer pension fund and is in critical condition due to companies going out of bussiness and Congressional "tinkering" with the ERISA act of 1974 and the MPPA act of 1980.

Establishment of Current Multiemployer Program

With that said, my future pension will most likely be reduced from $3500/mo to $2000/mo. How much are the non-union companies paying a month in pension?

The Central States Pension fund is a multiemployer pension fund and is in critical condition due to companies going out of bussiness and Congressional "tinkering" with the ERISA act of 1974 and the MPPA act of 1980.

Establishment of Current Multiemployer Program

With that said, my future pension will most likely be reduced from $3500/mo to $2000/mo. How much are the non-union companies paying a month in pension?

Actually, there have been a bunch of articles about the pension being cut to about $1,100 per month. Some guy named Hoffa supports that.

ST