FedEx Freight | Will be Union before long.

MSP would have to be one of the first....In MN every job is a union shop. Glad I got out of MN when I did. Was a Teamster and it was a mistake.

We need job security. I know slouches are protected by the union in some instances, but we lose good men over b.s. reasons without it. The pros outweigh the cons.

Yeah that's what I'm not liking these days.....I've been seeing 10-15yr vets get canned for stupid petty mess! Remember, when Mgmnt tries to write u up....whatever u did has either affected their numbers drastically, they need a scape goat to cover up what they did because it was wrong and they're getting their azzes chewed for it, retaliation, or u have a snitch below u on the board who's trying to move up who either calls the ALERT HOTLINE or reports it to mgmnt for whatever u've done....then mgmnt investigates to justify the allegations.....POINT BLANK

Yeah that's what I'm not liking these days.....I've been seeing 10-15yr vets get canned for stupid petty mess! Remember, when Mgmnt tries to write u up....whatever u did has either affected their numbers drastically, they need a scape goat to cover up what they did because it was wrong and they're getting their azzes chewed for it, retaliation, or u have a snitch below u on the board who's trying to move up who either calls the ALERT HOTLINE or reports it to mgmnt for whatever u've done....then mgmnt investigates to justify the allegations.....POINT BLANK

Sadly, there's a lot of folks that in the 10-15 year range, that start getting complacent about their work situation. What was it Vince Lombardi said? Oh yeah: "Complacency is the mother of mediocrity.". There's also a lot of 20+ year folks that start saying things like: "I built this company". <<< This is usually an excuse for outrageously immature and unprofessional behavior. It's tough to go to work day in and day out and dodge all the BS. Lot's of folks leave at either 10 or 25 years. They just don't want the job anymore.

Sadly, some folks don't have the guts to quit a job they've grown to hate, and so they behave badly and get fired. Instead of "******* by cop", it's "termination by poor performance". Said drivers start mouthing off, violating policies and challenging the company to separate them. Then they can complain how the company screwed them over, instead of just quitting...also helps keep the wife happy. She gets to be angry at FedEx Freight instead of being angry at her husband for screwing himself out of a job he didn't want anyway....

My observation,

ST

no we wouldnt..the union company i worked for 14 before here got screwed..8 year contract which is STUPID.. by the time that is up they will be paying damn near all their insurance..i was in the the teamsters almost 18 years..have nothing to show for it but a stack of receipts that they dont even give you anymore!!! drivers want union go to yrc..you can see what the union does and did for them!! EFF the union!!! all they want is there palms greased..you get a raise your dues go up..not to mention union comes in our wages go down!!!! central states insurance is what teamsters use which is all but done,,,,you WILL PAY for insurance and get screwed..sorry rant is over..hate union..was union steward...have no use for them..be safe drivers

Yrc is and has been broke...they have nothing to bargain with. They dug their own grave. They re are definite set backs to the union, no doubt, BUT, I think the main reason a lot of guys are screaming union is not only for all the B.S. mickey mouse write ups that are occurring, but for the lack of uniformity, as far as runs, cancellations, "central told me to do it" all the crap the red shirts "make up". Frankly, I'm a little sick of being lied to. It's getting old. Respect is a two way street...something "management" cannot get a grasp of. I personally have conformed to all their B.S. because, simply, it's a paycheck. If they want to take longer moving the freight with all the seatbelt crap, turn off the jeep, etc. etc. so be it.....just let my checks clear and fill up the 401k. That's what it's all about. Me...not them...My family....not them. If that's how they want to structure their company, so be it. Work and go home....All dedication to employers is gone these days. Remember, don't take things personally from the clowns, they have no managerial skills whatsoever. They are just completely clueless. They are going to do what they're going to do and that's that. I've learned to tolerate it....and I'm an extremely intolerant person.
unions suck and wont help nothing!!!! 18 yrs teamsters and nothing to show..want union go to yrc..the union is doing them good

Won't Help ............

:wavey: Read My Lip's, THE UNION WON'T HELP WITH WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS Company. :Emoticon_digging:

I've never been a union guy nor do I support the Democrat Party, but I would vote for it today if given the chance. No the union can't stop all of the intimidating policies and rules but it can provide you with someone who has your back and will stand up for you. They won't keep the company from using purchase transportation or the rail but it will make sure you work before they do.

The jury is still out on that one. We will let you know if we work before the contractors do on our new contract... To be continued...

Unions today only serve whatever party benefits them the best. That in mind, I am not giving up a cent of my pay just to help Hillary secure the next election. Members are not required to participate in the political action committee contributions.

Regardless if a union can help FxF, this is where your money goes. If you don't believe that, you are a FOOL.

The National Labor Relations Act of 1947 prohibits private sector unions from using dues for politics. All money spent by private sector Unions must be through additional voluntary contributions. For example the Teamsters have an additional option to voluntary contribute $2 per month over and above dues for political purposes.

However, the internet is loaded with examples of unions spending millions of dollars on PAC's but these various websites fail to explain the money was voluntarily contributed by members over and above monthly union dues.

Sorry to spoil your propaganda post with something called "the truth" and "facts"

29 U.S. Code Chapter 7, Subchapter II - NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS | LII / Legal Information Institute

You would think that as underfunded as central states is, they would ask that voluntary contributions be used to shore up underperforming pensions funds...