Will CT be a key player in the LTL world in the future?

Discussion in 'Central Transport/Vitran' started by Frootloop, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Frootloop

Frootloop Active Member

It seemed like it was only yesterday this outfit had the trashiest equipment on the highway, some of the lowest pay in the industry, borderline useless health insurance, amongst other things. It seemed like nearly overnight all the Sterlings were gone and almost a whole new fleet was on the road. Now I see they have BcBs insurance and p&d hourly rates that rival other major LTL's. I know it's a long shot but so was every major win from sports to politics this past season, anything is possible. Just some food for thought, could CT be the next big thing ?

2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

It is intriguing, isn't it?

3. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

When I mentioned all of the issues from the recent past to a city driver for Central Transport when we happened to be at a customer waiting - he got defensive and upset ( borderline angry )!!!

I don't work there and don't know what it's like now , I only mentioned the past to ask him are some of the changes REAL and lasting. If so , I wish all of the CT drivers well and will refer newbies to them to get experience in LTL. They seem to have more relaxed hiring standards than the other LTL companies in my area.

4. Snark Monkey

Snark Monkey Well-Known Member

5. preston01

preston01 Member

i don't see things stay that way and they have annihilated the customer base scores of years with hideous service, not paying their claims, as well as you cannot speak to someone on the phone. i say this is flavor of the month at ct and as the old saying goes "you can't put lipstick on a pig".

trh1978 likes this.
  6. 135 inmate

135 inmate New Member

No arc will buy you out and infect you with our cancer