Will CT be a key player in the LTL world in the future?

Discussion in 'Central Transport' started by Frootloop, Feb 8, 2017.

1. crutbusty

crutbusty New Member

Short answer is , not in a million years. Same corrupt and inept ownership, they damage 10% of the freight they handle and they don't pay their claims. They also charge about half what any decent LTL carrier charges so they don't make any money. They move about 10500 bills per day across a 48 state network so they have no density to run direct loads. They breakbulk even short haul lanes and their on time service is about 60%. Compare that to XPO, UPS Freight, YRC and FedEx who all move 45,000 bills per day or more.

2. trh1978

trh1978 Active Member

:smilie93c peelout::shhit: CT at work :horseshit:

3. LTLAnonymous

LTLAnonymous Well-Known Member

To be fair... That sounds like a recipe for success in LTL.

Mr Perfect 01 likes this.
  4. sabresfan

sabresfan Active Member

The question to ask is if guys from other ltl's needed a job and it was CT or OTR what would they pick? I talk to a few fellow brothers who already had to make that decision.

Canadian Flyer and LTLIndentured like this.
  5. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

Have you seen some of your new equipment lately? It's looking like your old equipment just saying! I've talked to a few of your new castle Delaware drivers and they hate the place, Their only there for some experience and moving on

whitetail9999 and Bigtea2k4 like this.
  6. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

I would bet that I see more CT trucks broke down on the side of the road in the average month than all the other LTLs combined. Those brand new trucks won't last forever without regular maintenance.

Bigtea2k4 and crutbusty like this.
  7. crutbusty

crutbusty New Member

Hell to the NO. As long as this trailer trash company is owned and funded by the Maroun family it will be what it always has been, a corrupt money laundering three legged horse in the Kentucky Derby. This company charges 60% of what other reputable firms charge to haul goods. Not a bad deal at all until they destroy your freight and never pay the claims. Playing with fire when you use this $hitbag carrier. They also treat us employees like $hit, always have, always will.

whitetail9999 and Bigtea2k4 like this.
  8. Bigtea2k4

Bigtea2k4 Active Member

I worked for them for a few years and the only thing I got out of it was great friends and that’s all. If freight drops too low for them they’ll start closing terminals again and many people will be out of job again.

9. Mr Perfect 01

Mr Perfect 01 Member

This response makes absolutely no sense. All the mentioned LTL company's are losing money except Fed-Ex and Central has been around longer then all of them. I would say those are pretty good odds. I still find it funny that it continues to be you same sorry a__ ex drivers on here complaining over and over. It must get lonely not having any current drivers jump on your little train. Lol

10. Mr Perfect 01

Mr Perfect 01 Member

We just hired a guy in Milwaukee that came from Sutton. He says the most he ever made running the road for them was 750-900 dollars per week. Our road drivers make at least 40% per week more then that. What terminal only paid 22 per hr? That's lower then most out terminals start at.

11. Bigtea2k4

Bigtea2k4 Active Member

You must don’t read every company reports on earnings I see. OD is the fastest moving company out right now doing the best in profits. And the company I work for is doing great right now

12. Bigtea2k4

Bigtea2k4 Active Member

That’s what Brooklyn starts out with still and that was the rate when my friend worked there 8 years ago

13. daddy o

daddy o Active Member

Xpo is not losing money! They are just not giving there drivers a fair shake on pay.

14. Gideon129

Gideon129 Active Member

Actually Ups freight is doing quite well.
    UPS Freight revenue rose 11% to $758 million. Operating income was $142 million.
    Pulled directly from our 2017 Q4 earnings report

Bigtea2k4 and LTLAnonymous like this.
  15. Bigtea2k4

Bigtea2k4 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Most of these companies are doing great.

Frootloop likes this.
  16. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

Good points, continuous improvement is the key.
    Heck look at YRC some have been claiming their demise for a decade but they remain. Equipment is unsafe trash, extremely low pay, filthy terminals, and essentially on life support. But they remain a factor and and anchor on the industry while driving down wages and pricing.
    Hay if CT can make it, hats off to them...

Bigtea2k4 and Frootloop like this.
  17. whitetail9999

whitetail9999 New Member

Accepted nationwide yes.But blue cross blue shield is just the adminstrator.Meaning you can go to anybody in there network.The bills are still paid with cherokee insurance co.Read your statement of whats paid.Still the same old high high deductables.At 90.00 a week contibution per pay check per person.Funny how central transport owner also owns cherokee insurance.Matty moroon has the reputation for a reason and him and his companys will never change for the better.