Will CT be a key player in the LTL world in the future?

Discussion in 'Central Transport/Vitran' started by Frootloop, Feb 8, 2017.

1. crutbusty

crutbusty New Member

Short answer is , not in a million years. Same corrupt and inept ownership, they damage 10% of the freight they handle and they don't pay their claims. They also charge about half what any decent LTL carrier charges so they don't make any money. They move about 10500 bills per day across a 48 state network so they have no density to run direct loads. They breakbulk even short haul lanes and their on time service is about 60%. Compare that to XPO, UPS Freight, YRC and FedEx who all move 45,000 bills per day or more.

2. trh1978

trh1978 Active Member

:smilie93c peelout::shhit: CT at work :horseshit:

3. LTLAnonymous

LTLAnonymous Well-Known Member

To be fair... That sounds like a recipe for success in LTL.

4. sabresfan

sabresfan Active Member

The question to ask is if guys from other ltl's needed a job and it was CT or OTR what would they pick? I talk to a few fellow brothers who already had to make that decision.

LTLIndentured likes this.
  5. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

Have you seen some of your new equipment lately? It's looking like your old equipment just saying! I've talked to a few of your new castle Delaware drivers and they hate the place, Their only there for some experience and moving on

6. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

I would bet that I see more CT trucks broke down on the side of the road in the average month than all the other LTLs combined. Those brand new trucks won't last forever without regular maintenance.