XPO | Will CWF ever get busy?

Adoant

TB Lurker
Credits
:Violin:
I've been working at XPH since October 2005. It was busier when I first started than it is now. So far this year I've grossed $11,589.98. If this trend keeps up, I might as well just get a job at Mcdonalds! I've heard all the hype about how things will change for the past 9 months now. Everytime I get a phone call at 2:30 to come in at 4:30, just frustrates me. I know I'll be sent home by 8:30 or 9:00. It cost me about $110.00 a week for gas & tolls to get back & forth to work, It takes me 45 minutes to get there, and 45 minutes to get home. It's not worth the average $350.00 a week bring home pay. My nephew pumps gas & makes almost that much! Thanks for letting me vent guys. Later :Violin:

feel the pain

hey ad.., it is me court..y, i see that it is getting to yu too. i still check the forum to see what is going on with the company. i like this company, but the way things was going i could not take it anymore. i hope that things get better with this company so that all the guys on flex board can get some good hours.

What is wrong that in a busy metropolitan area like Philadelphia your terminal not not busy ?
Almost any carrier in this area has plenty of work.

flstc2000 said:
What is wrong that in a busy metropolitan area like Philadelphia your terminal not not busy ?
Almost any carrier in this area has plenty of work.
The US of A is in deep s–t. The economy is shot and company’s are shutting down at an accelerated pace. There are pockets of the country doing good but for the most part not looking good. Just my observation of course but I am only a lowly white shirt DSR

Xtm

Xtm has stayed pretty busy until the week of the forth and today seemed kinda slow I know Yellow has taken Seats from us and also have taken a good portion of Kurt (trailer hitches) through deep discounts. However here in tomah everyone gets 40 hours on the flex board or pretty close to 40 if it is really slow on friday you may not get 8 hours if you are on the dock working the reship they will send you home shortly after reship wraps.

freightman68 said:
Xtm has stayed pretty busy until the week of the forth and today seemed kinda slow I know Yellow has taken Seats from us and also have taken a good portion of Kurt (trailer hitches) through deep discounts. However here in tomah everyone gets 40 hours on the flex board or pretty close to 40 if it is really slow on friday you may not get 8 hours if you are on the dock working the reship they will send you home shortly after reship wraps.
give pat my love

Adoant said:
:Violin:
I've been working at XPH since October 2005. It was busier when I first started than it is now. So far this year I've grossed $11,589.98. If this trend keeps up, I might as well just get a job at Mcdonalds! I've heard all the hype about how things will change for the past 9 months now. Everytime I get a phone call at 2:30 to come in at 4:30, just frustrates me. I know I'll be sent home by 8:30 or 9:00. It cost me about $110.00 a week for gas & tolls to get back & forth to work, It takes me 45 minutes to get there, and 45 minutes to get home. It's not worth the average $350.00 a week bring home pay. My nephew pumps gas & makes almost that much! Thanks for letting me vent guys. Later :Violin:
i'm in the same boat you are dude. first it will pick up in march, then when the vacations kickin. we're not slow where i am, but drivers from other terminals come through on via and pick off 3-6 runs a nite or our freight. sat down with my tm yesterday, he said it should pick up in aug. i just kinda laughed and said that's good for all these line haul drivers from these little non revenue generating terminals that come through and steal our work. god i hate what this place has become. anyone hired this year is just overtime prevention. you think it's bad now, wait til january when we all get laid off. A FOS who was in Ann Arbor last week said that they were told that cwf-central could lay off 170+ drivers right now and service wouldnt be effected one bit. i wish they'd do it, i'd be better off on unemployment.

badlionsfan said:
i'm in the same boat you are dude. first it will pick up in march, then when the vacations kickin. we're not slow where i am, but drivers from other terminals come through on via and pick off 3-6 runs a nite or our freight. sat down with my tm yesterday, he said it should pick up in aug. i just kinda laughed and said that's good for all these line haul drivers from these little non revenue generating terminals that come through and steal our work. god i hate what this place has become. anyone hired this year is just overtime prevention. you think it's bad now, wait til january when we all get laid off. A FOS who was in Ann Arbor last week said that they were told that cwf-central could lay off 170+ drivers right now and service wouldnt be effected one bit. i wish they'd do it, i'd be better off on unemployment.
I could see this happening at xsv(smallville) but not in a big city.Keep up the good work big dave.We love you.

no smallville gets our runs. just tonight xsn brought in 6 empties and picked off 6 loaded to take to xcw, while 3 bid and 4 road flex (i'm one of them) didn't run. tuesday nite we had 1 bid and the 4 roadflex sittin while we had 2 xlf, 1 xpb, 1 xco and 2 xcw picked off. it's bull. we picked up the freight, we should move it. and if it's because we don't have much commin back, then we should get the vias to xsn, xay or xel on the way home. these non-revenune SICs are gettin stroked while the terminals that pick up the freight (xcl) get bonned. it actually makes more sense for us to pull the empties after the via in the morning than to do it in the evening, it would get the freight to the SICs for their inbound sooner.

badlionsfan said:
no smallville gets our runs. just tonight xsn brought in 6 empties and picked off 6 loaded to take to xcw, while 3 bid and 4 road flex (i'm one of them) didn't run. tuesday nite we had 1 bid and the 4 roadflex sittin while we had 2 xlf, 1 xpb, 1 xco and 2 xcw picked off. it's bull. we picked up the freight, we should move it. and if it's because we don't have much commin back, then we should get the vias to xsn, xay or xel on the way home. these non-revenune SICs are gettin stroked while the terminals that pick up the freight (xcl) get bonned. it actually makes more sense for us to pull the empties after the via in the morning than to do it in the evening, it would get the freight to the SICs for their inbound sooner.
That sucks.