FedEx Freight | Will FedEx follow UPS

Gator

Outstanding Member
Credits
UPS announced today that they will be dropping your spouses health coverage if the spouse is covered by their employer. Seen on www.newsmax.com. Put in UPS in the search.

UPS announcement only affects white collar, management type people. It has no effect on those coveted by a collective bargaining agreement.

Only because the threat of a widespread organizing campaign is in effect. We need to get this thing locked down before the erosion starts.

OMG that's almost as funny as what my favorite pro-union parasite told me this morning: "If we go union, we might have to take a serious paycut for 5-7 years on the first contract." I replied that it's worth it if we get anti-bacterial soap in the bathrooms and aggressive tread drive tires. For a moment there, I was afraid his head was going to explode. :TR10driving03:

As for erosion...you mean like what's going on YRC and ABF??? :Emoticon_digging:

ST :hysterical:

ST, I used to be blinded by ideology once upon a time, just like you. It caused me to have blind faith in a corporation to the point of fanaticism. I could have sold our service to Bill Zollars himself. I bled a deeper shade of purple than most others on here. Then you know what? Uncle Freddy went a put a spineless, cutthroat from Ground in charge of this segment of FedEx Corp, and it was skies the limit for stock prices. We are constantly preached to that we cost the company too much money. By we, I mean the linehaul segment of the Co. How can they possibly afford to pay us to run the cheaper, economy class freight, right? Give me a mothertrucking break. This company is so busy tripping over dollars, to pick up a dime, that they don't see how bass ackwards they've really become. For example, two weeks ago I pulled a WTK trailer, from KCY to WTK. The catch is, it originated in DAL! This empty suit has come in, and completely wrecked a once proud, and extremely profitable company. They are constantly looking for ways to reinvent the wheel. How many millions of dollars do you think are pissed down the drain by snapshot? Where's the brainchild behind that department? You don't see them slashing the hell out of it. This is an all out attack on labor, by the anti labor wing of this company. If you can't at least acknowledge this fact, you're either intellectually dishonest, or completely ignorant. We all get you're a no vote. That's your right. But stop with the blow hard approach to shaming us by reminding us of the predicament other union carriers are in. Zollars single handedly pissed YRC down the toilet for damn near a decade. They are rebounding. And if you want to talk about the brotherhood's lack of backbone in recent negotiations, I completely agree. Leadership inwithin the teamsters needs to be run out of office. These are all things we can change, and do differently. We hold the key to our futures. With or without your vote. If we don't get the numbers, I'll shut the hell up, and fade away, just like 50% of us are bound to do under this current business model. Until then, game on.

Most of there over head is management. I see 1 for every 5 hourly employees. Kids wet behind the ears with a redshirt on. Clueless to the industry. Bring absolutely no money to the company but a cost. All they are at our barn are puppets to Harrison. I can call Harrison and get the same answer. So why pay these guys to be a go between. We have a 300 door terminal that is cut to the bone. Cant get a day off if you was dying,very anti family. We only have a five man wild board because no one want to run to Dayton and back and work the dock for 8 hours. They seem to be cutting runs every 3 months, not much for a future here. Have 20 years vested here and worry every bid what's next.