TForce | Will it pass

Now that most of us have had a chance to read this contract and talk about it do you think it will pass or not and why?

I think it's already a done deal, whether we like it or not. The Locals tell us one thing, and the National does another. Gotta love that slogan.. A Union is only as strong as it's members. (unless of course, the Union higherups are in bed with the Companies)

I speak for myself, and I will vote yes. I won't bother to waste any of my time with why you should or shouldn't vote this way or that. Most of you have made up your minds long before the contract was written. If you think UPS will offer you more, you may be in for a long wait. The truth is unless you are willing to strike, you offer no leverage in negotiations. UPS will just wait you all out until they layoff and fire enough guys for you to give in, without a strike threat, you are no threat. None of you have the pull to pull off anything. The contract is fair. Take off your rose colored glasses and see what is going on in the world around you, the contract will pass. No one follows a person without a plan, and vote no, is not a plan. Bring on the hate.:smilie_132:

its gonna pass...they could have and should have gave us anther floating holiday for our birthday or whatever.....should have made it a point system or something for call offs and should be clearer about subcontracting

I speak for myself, and I will vote yes. I won't bother to waste any of my time with why you should or shouldn't vote this way or that. Most of you have made up your minds long before the contract was written. If you think UPS will offer you more, you may be in for a long wait. The truth is unless you are willing to strike, you offer no leverage in negotiations. UPS will just wait you all out until they layoff and fire enough guys for you to give in, without a strike threat, you are no threat. None of you have the pull to pull off anything. The contract is fair. Take off your rose colored glasses and see what is going on in the world around you, the contract will pass. No one follows a person without a plan, and vote no, is not a plan. Bring on the hate.:smilie_132:

I second that... we are all smart enough to know this was a done deal before it started.. UPS does NOTHING without knowing the outcome already..

I second that... we are all smart enough to know this was a done deal before it started.. UPS does NOTHING without knowing the outcome already..
The funny thing is that for years the union wannabes called the anti-union people company men and say their drinking the company cool aid......
and now we are presented with an inferior contract and even though everyone knows this contract will not have any tough language because UPS handed us to the teamsters in exchange for pleasantries in the parcel contract.
The union supporters are still eager to sign even knowing they are doing what the company wants.
So now.... who are the company men?:hysterical::hysterical:

The funny thing is that for years the union wannabes called the anti-union people company men and say their drinking the company cool aid......
and now we are presented with an inferior contract and even though everyone knows this contract will not have any tough language because UPS handed us to the teamsters in exchange for pleasantries in the parcel contract.
The union supporters are still eager to sign even knowing they are doing what the company wants.

I don't know what I am anymore....I know I have never wondered ....daily...If I was going to work that night.....Or if I even still had a job....So in that instance.....This will only help me feel a little peace....Little...I do wish the insurance was a bit better....Meaning ....free.....But pay wise and really that is why we are here....Is very good....And some language could be stronger...Contractors and such....But to me weigh the pros and cons....No job is still no job.....So that is why ...After I get a few things answered by the BA about supps and work rules.....Will be a yes....But I also don't think it will really matter.....We will take it one way or another.....I think this was a trick question....I was really just going to give you some smart a$$ answer....And now I have went and spilled my guts....

done deal

management already did their sensitivity training.we have no leverage unless we wildcat strike.we can vote no and wait till new adminisration bail us out of foreclosure and bankruptcy.most of us live month to month.company knows it.start saving for next contract,i want teamster benefits i did not join elks to pay$3.00 a beer

To start, I am a supporter of the Union. But I also use the grey matter God has blessed me with. We in the Nor'east have many Union supporters and I know a lot of them are going to be voting this down. Why? Because this is a Suckers Contract. Kind of like fishing. You (UPS) drops the bait hoping you land a big one (US). The monies is the bait to many, but what about the bennies? Do you know that there are over 250,000 UPS IBT members? Ask them would they want to trade their bennies for the ones they are trying to sell us? Personally, all along I was hoping for benefits as in package or even like the NMFA. The monies was never an issue. I believe we are compensated fairly for what we do. But now did you know that UPS Air Freight, (Menlo) was making less an hour than us an hour and now they are being place completely under the package contract with full IBT/UPS wage and bennies? And the kicker here is that UPSF does circles around this division both operationally and financially. So why the difference?

Do not believe for one second that the next contract will be better, I don't buy into that hogwash. You get the most with your first, just look at the NMFA, years ago there was not even a insurance copay. Wages were more in line with the economics, and although there were ethics issues, you knew that the bottom line you were in the strongest union in the world. Granted times have changed, but the game is still the same, screw the worker!!!

So please do not throw your pro union/anti union crap here. Some of us Union supporters can actually see the forest through the trees!!! Vote No.