ODFL | Will it split again???

kbigdog

TB Lurker
Credits
The stock is at $35.20. It was around that price when it split last time. OD increased 2nd quarter earnings. The stock went up $2.44. The last time it split was on 12/01/05. The company is doing great.

yes

When it splits again a few old timers that punch the clock every day will be millionaires.They bought from the start and kept buying when it got down to 7.50 a share.

JIM BOB said:
When it splits again a few old timers that punch the clock every day will be millionaires.They bought from the start and kept buying when it got down to 7.50 a share.

And they paid that before it went up to around 39.00 and split 3 for 2. Three times. Wish I could have seen this coming when I went into the 401 K I had the impression that transportation stocks never went up much so I only bought a small amount of OD. :duh: This is why I think that we do not have to worry to much about OD selling to a larger carrier. With these kind of returns the insiders are making lots of money. Wish they would of had a stock bonus plan for us.

Skywalker said:
WOW Thats off the chart!:bgroovy:
I really think it would be good if OD started offering the employees some kind of stock offering to employees based on years of service. This might improve moral and give us a goal to help the company grow, reduce employee turnover, reduce OSD, improve load averages etc. I do not know how these things work but they do have blocks of stocks in which they give out portions to company executives in stock options, bonus. Probably never happen though why tamper with something that may not work.

sparky said:
I really think it would be good if OD started offering the employees some kind of stock offering to employees based on years of service. This might improve moral and give us a goal to help the company grow, reduce employee turnover, reduce OSD, improve load averages etc. I do not know how these things work but they do have blocks of stocks in which they give out portions to company executives in stock options, bonus. Probably never happen though why tamper with something that may not work.
yeah i know stock options would be very good but you know as well as i do,not everyone is the same as far as making them happy so some one will gripe about something regardless of the circumstances,so i just put all that i can afford to put in the 401k and ride with that,hasnt been too bad for me yet.:funky: :woohoo1:

Not only the fact that the stock does well, every year the add to your 401k based on company profit. Wasnt it somewhere over .50cents on the dollar. I cant remember the exact amounts and Im to lazy to look for my statements. All I know is things are good right now.:bgroovy: