Estes | will the changes help or hurt us

well its better than not doing anything at all or too late. it just sucks. but it is what it is.
its not like this is not happening at every trucking company on this board. we all just have to hang in there and do the best with whats been dealt by the economy. not a good hand and you can't fold

this is true but how long will it be before we start seeing any layoffs? I dont want that to happen but we do have to many drivers right now.

I guess it depends on who you ask. We don't have any EB guys out of my terminal. All scheduled runs as far as I know. You'd think having a bid would mean you'd run if there was freight. NOT the case.. rumor has it they cancelled around 15 of our guys Friday to get the EB guys moving in the directions of their homes. If their goal is to ****-off all the drivers EB and scheduled drivers.. they're succeeding. I suppose once the freight comes back, this wont be a bad idea. Only question is, will we have any drivers left to move it? I guess we'll see what January brings us.

this is true but how long will it be before we start seeing any layoffs? I dont want that to happen but we do have to many drivers right now.

After we turn in our vacation and personal days, they will evaluate the work force and the availiable freight. Then make their decission. That's the info. I gathered after hearing the msg. We can't be stubborn and hold these day's. Most of our drivers have their family to think about and don't need any walking papers. I think we can also take unpaid days off if we can afford it. I don't like to work so I'll do my part.:1036316054:

After we turn in our vacation and personal days, they will evaluate the work force and the availiable freight. Then make their decission. That's the info. I gathered after hearing the msg. We can't be stubborn and hold these day's. Most of our drivers have their family to think about and don't need any walking papers. I think we can also take unpaid days off if we can afford it. I don't like to work so I'll do my part.:1036316054:

I know plenty of people that'd be more than happy to take unpaid days off. Myself included. I think maybe cutting some of the dead weight management might help also, instead of relying on reducing actual working peoples time/miles.

I have already missed a buttload of work but at this point I think I can adjust . Still beats the hell out of going to an OTR job . Hopefully layoffs can be minimized.

terminal 039....6 out of 9 E/B drivers laid off. They were told that if they were allowed to come back when work picks back up it would be as a new hire. So basically they were terminated. I don't work out of this term. but they have always had a hard time getting the xtra guys out.
Other terminals in same region, like mine, doing pretty good. Schedules running heavy both ways, Xtras getting some hooks too.

I got in late to my barn Sat. morning and there was a big pile of xtra loads in our box waiting till Monday to move. So I think alot of the lay-offs will be determined on the individual terminals situation.
I talked to a 20+ yr. AAA driver and they are about to have a second round of lay-offs. 150 drivers in 85 terminals.

My sincere prayers go out to all the guys that lost jobs at 039. One guy had 14yrs. with us. May God help them find a good income somewhere.

Estes layoff policy goes by company seniority. Some terminals have little or no turnover.

Wrong...E/B drivers at 039 that got laid off had more co. time than some city. I'm not out of that barn but I know a couple of these guys personally. Reason- position terminated.
Same in 077, E/B 15 laid off. Same reason-position terminated

Not wrong, but with a qualifier. It goes by your" Division" line haul , P&D , dock ,etc. Lets say billybob has 12 years in the city and decides to go to linehaul. Yes he is at the bottom of the xtraboard BUT when it comes to layoffs he will not get layed off before biscuitville who hired on with the company only 2 years ago. Although Biscuitville has been in linehaul longer he will get the boot first because he has less company time. That is in the company regulations.

Not wrong, but with a qualifier. It goes by your" Division" line haul , P&D , dock ,etc. Lets say billybob has 12 years in the city and decides to go to linehaul. Yes he is at the bottom of the xtraboard BUT when it comes to layoffs he will not get layed off before biscuitville who hired on with the company only 2 years ago. Although Biscuitville has been in linehaul longer he will get the boot first because he has less company time. That is in the company regulations.

Tell that to the E/B driver in 039 with 14yrs. Co. time that just got laid off. There are many at his barn in city and dock with alot less Co. time than him. I know him personally. The next guy below him that got the boot had 12yrs. Co. time he was E/B also. This terminal has many city and dock guys with under 5yrs. Co. time that will go into work Monday morning.

So like I said you are just plain wrong. If you don't believe me call 039 and ask for Randy the TM. He got his orders from regional super. day before yesterday and these E/B guys are out because a specific amount of "extra board positions terminated".

There are also 3 HUB guys out of same terminal with much less Co. time (one with less than a year total) than these guys that got cut, and they held their positions. Same thing happened in 077. I'm not saying it is fair, it's not, I'm just giving you the facts.

Tell that to the E/B driver in 039 with 14yrs. Co. time that just got laid off. There are many at his barn in city and dock with alot less Co. time than him. I know him personally. The next guy below him that got the boot had 12yrs. Co.

That's scary!! If these guys were to come back they would loose all seniority. At least that's what they did with some 010 drivers. I think our barn is fix'n to let some folks go. I may be one of them. :hissyfit:

too many drivers

I dont know how it is there but if we dont make at least $800.00 a week they have to lay us off.check with your steward on that.