Estes | will the changes help or hurt us

That's scary!! If these guys were to come back they would loose all seniority. At least that's what they did with some 010 drivers. I think our barn is fix'n to let some folks go. I may be one of them. :hissyfit:

These laid -off E/B guys in 39 asked if it got busy could they come back and the answer they got was "only as new hire's" so same thing as you just said from 010.
They also asked about the possibilty of going team or transfer to busier terminal and they were denied this. I do not understand this at all.

So bottom line....how it happened was regional mgr. called TM and said out of the 9 E/B you have, let the bottom 6 go. their positions have been terminated. I know of one guy that had just a few months before that switched from bottom of E/B to dock so he could be home every day and he just barely dodged this bullet.

IMO this process is WRONG...If a few lay-offs are necessary then it should be by Co. Seniority PERIOD. Then offer the remaining jobs according the Co. time.
Why let a 12 or 14 yr. driver with a CDL go and keep a young green non CDL holding dock boy with very little knowledge of LTL? It makes no sense to me.

i know kings. thats the message i got a week or so ago. thats why i said get a bid if you can. its crazy at the big E right now

i know kings. thats the message i got a week or so ago. thats why i said get a bid if you can. its crazy at the big E right now

ya....I heard that it might go down like this earlier myself, but I thought no way will they do it that way...but I was wrong....they did.

Tell that to the E/B driver in 039 with 14yrs. Co. time that just got laid off. There are many at his barn in city and dock with alot less Co. time than him. I know him personally. The next guy below him that got the boot had 12yrs. Co. time he was E/B also. This terminal has many city and dock guys with under 5yrs. Co. time that will go into work Monday morning.

So like I said you are just plain wrong. If you don't believe me call 039 and ask for Randy the TM. He got his orders from regional super. day before yesterday and these E/B guys are out because a specific amount of "extra board positions terminated".

There are also 3 HUB guys out of same terminal with much less Co. time (one with less than a year total) than these guys that got cut, and they held their positions. Same thing happened in 077. I'm not saying it is fair, it's not, I'm just giving you the facts.
I see what your are saying, that drivers in linehaul were layed off before drivers in the city and dock workers with less time were . Yes I think that is total BS and wrong. But, within line haul ,not counting other positions in the terminal , they are suppose to go by company time, not your position in linehaul when doing layoffs. If they dont then someone should be on the phone with Richmond. And not being able to transfer I think is wrong too. But in some ways that would create a staffing nightmare that would be hard to keep up with.

I see what your are saying, that drivers in linehaul were layed off before drivers in the city and dock workers with less time were . Yes I think that is total BS and wrong. But, within line haul ,not counting other positions in the terminal , they are suppose to go by company time not your position in linehaul. If they dont then someone should be on the phone with Richmond. And not being able to transfer I think is wrong too. But in some ways that would create a staffing nightmare that would be hard to keep up with.

yes runnin...that is what they did in this term. as far as I can tell, they went by Co. time within L/H I think. All the higher Co. time guys had jumped on a bid before all this went down. I wonder though what would have happened to a man that opted to stay E/B and not take a short bid. I don't know of any examples of this yet.

We have the same at my barn, all the guys that could, jumped on a bid run cause we heard they were going to eliminate some E/B spots. So it will shake out the same way if some of our guys get the axe. Don't know yet, nothing has happened to us yet. All top seniority guys grabbed a bid no matter the lenght.

Kd they did it the way the handbook says. That is the way it is at the E.
You do not have to worry as long as there is plenty of drivers below you in your division.
As far as E/B goes I think if you are on E/B and have more time than a bid run driver that bid run driver would be laid off before you. So if you are a line driver on the E/B then you would fall into line driver clasification and fall into line where your seniority takes you within all line drivers.
You will not be able to bump someone who is in another division or dock. They do not work it that way and I do not agree with it but its the way E does it and as long as they are consistent its fair.

If you guys really want to bring up a point there really is only 2 classifications of drivers city and road. In the west we do not have your BS of 4 or 5 different clasifications of the same job.That is the most chicken sh*t thing and it is wrong.

As long as we do not stand up and voice our concerns as one group noone should complain about anything because it makes no difference.
I wonder what organization would force E to be fair to its employees, and when layoffs are needed they force E to bring you back when the work picks back up. If only there were an organization like this it would be great.