FedEx Freight | Will there be bids?

FedEx

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard if we will goto one board and have annual bids? I heard we would be but just curious to know what others have heard. I hope we do I just hope they are annual and not quarterly like they used to be. (damn fair weather drivers)

Please post a reply if you have heard anything regarding bids.

Thanks

I do not know how the bid process works company wide, but we had bids last week and were told it was going to last 6 months.
But with the contractors quitting and all the people they plan to hire, I do not know how its gonna work out.

Our city drivers already bid, they took effect today. The linehaul drivers have yet to bid but are supposed to soon.

You can only switch if a road or city job comes open and you have the seniority to get it.Be aware though that you will go to the bottom of the board of the new classification.Also you will bid your vacation last so there may be people with less vacation than you have earned picking before you.This is a great way to reward seniority,don't you think?HA!Ha! By the way,I was told by an Express driver that if they change classifications,they stay at the bottom for six months then regain their company seniority and dove-tail in.I wish Fred Smith would implement this across the whole system.