TForce | Will UPGF buy another to grow are build new

500 x .58 = 290
500 x .75 = 375
85 a day difference, is 425 a week, that is $22,100 a year difference

I do 650- 675 a night. Two days total combined is 2600 mi. 2600 x .29 or 650 x .58. Thats 10 hours. Most of the feeders around here get paid hourly, they do turns. except the Premium Service drivers. believe me, I get paid $754 for 20 hours my first trip.

Where's that dead horse at, I feel like beatin' him again.:horse:

are these existing (cpm/hourly) or are they what you think they will be if unionized.UPS may have more money than they know what to do with but won't these figures kill profit over long term.

They were a .67 cpm top out, now they are at .75??? That's an 8 cent raise! this can't be right away. If it is, they have nothing to complain about. Also the $6 hourly raise, is incredible!

I think it is over the life of the contract in which I will be getting a raise also. Soooo, with what they are making now and what I am making, well, I won't repeat myself.

are these existing (cpm/hourly) or are they what you think they will be if unionized.UPS may have more money than they know what to do with but won't these figures kill profit over long term.

The figures that O'nite is quoting are Parcel which is Unionized. I don't doubt their validity. It has to be over a contract term.

The figures I quoted are in effect now for UPSF. That is without the raise.

The Only Thing Ups Is Doing Is Following In The Foot Steps Of Fedex ........ Enough Said.

Sorry but you are misinformed. Fed Ex has no divisions that are union. Also, Fed Ex is not seamless in regards to operations. UPS has came out openly boasting how their goal is to combine their divisions into a seamless operation. Where as when a customer ships with Fed Ex they may have to call freight, ground, national etc. to come separately to service their freight. UPS wants to stand apart from Fed Ex in this area. Doesn't sound like someone who is following. Elvis out...

The figures that O'nite is quoting are Parcel which is Unionized. I don't doubt their validity. It has to be over a contract term.

The figures I quoted are in effect now for UPSF. That is without the raise.

.75 is what ups tractor trailer drivers will top out at in there new contract.

I was validating my comment about them making quite a bit more than us.

I may be way off on this point.
But I don't think the parcel drivers would be willing to put up with us in the same terminal seeing we make so much less than they do.

They may feel threatened that Ups can get us for less money to do almost the same job they they are doing.

I know that the regular parcel drivers feel a threat now,because we are still a non-union division of a union represented company.

I may be incorrect on this line of thinking?
Like anything else only time will tell.

UPS has plenty of money and will buy or build new terminals as they need to. I would seriously doubt that they'd build doors for UPSF at a UPS parcel facility.

Actualy with all of the trucking companies thats gone out of business in the time since deregulation came about.
There must still be a lot of vacant terminals that can be purchased,or leased from their present owner to fill the void of our service area.

Actualy with all of the trucking companies thats gone out of business in the time since deregulation came about.
There must still be a lot of vacant terminals that can be purchased,or leased from their present owner to fill the void of our service area.
Exactly. There is no shortage of dock space.....probably anywhere.

UPS has no intention of putting up doors for UPFG. The parcel guys would not be intimidate in the least about the lower wage we make, but they would absolutely have a HUGE problem with their nonunion sister company having doors at their union terminal. Now when we put this company under a union umbrella then this could happen without a problem. UPGF is just a small blip on the radar screen, now 20 years from now that could be different, but we are small potatoes to the small pkg sided.

Now to the other point. UPS has the money to start construction now on several terminals but their so much property to purchase or look at R&L they rent to both FedEx and UPS. UPS wants to see how this organizing goes and if they budgeted right and then they will start to move I hope. UPS has money but they are not in a hurry to spend it on construction of terminals at UPGF.

Who needs dockspace I drove by yellow and always wondered why they have vans with 8 foot wide holes cut in them.

Then one day I saw it in action, they back up that van to the dock then like magic they have 4 more doors available.

.75 is what ups tractor trailer drivers will top out at in there new contract.

I was validating my comment about them making quite a bit more than us.

You do realize that your using our present rate and comparing it with their future rate, don't you? When they are at .75 per mile we should be at .65. With the Union contract we will be at .68

Consolidated freightways used to do the same thing to create extra doors...We couldn't do that with some of the f'ed up awkwardly sized freight we pick up in the city...

Like already stated, theirs plenty of dockspace out there, depends on the area though, the city I live in, I've seen old terminals sold to build apartments/condos in downtown, or container lots/drop yards in the industrialized sections...