Yellow | Will Yrc Teamsters fight for a fair contract?

Answer would be NO , way to many new hires ,that don't know any better and to many WIFE'S that wear the pants in family & don't work ,so they want the Husband to stay working no matter what , so they don't have to go back to work & ONLY like 1/2 driver's even take time to vote any more and then we got our RETIREE'S that want us to vote yes and stay working even if it's at Minimum wage and then we got the few old fart's that said last time ,OH I only got a few more years left , so it don't matter ! And plus we have NO union pride or brotherhood any more , every body is out for themselves only and you can see that now in the ABF cat-fights daily on T.B. , bottom line is ABF & YRC has won and has succeeded in having Driver's fight each other instead of fighting them ! :6788:

Answer would be NO , way to many new hires ,that don't know any better and to many WIFE'S that wear the pants in family & don't work ,so they want the Husband to stay working no matter what , so they don't have to go back to work & ONLY like 1/2 driver's even take time to vote any more and then we got our RETIREE'S that want us to vote yes and stay working even if it's at Minimum wage and then we got the few old fart's that said last time ,OH I only got a few more years left , so it don't matter ! And plus we have NO union pride or brotherhood any more , every body is out for themselves only and you can see that now in the ABF cat-fights daily on T.B. , bottom line is ABF & YRC has won and has succeeded in having Driver's fight each other instead of fighting them ! :6788:
NOT this retired old fart!

I think ABF is where Roadway was at during the contract talks in 1994. How ever things turn out at ABF, ultimatly I see ArcBest spinning off ABF as a debt free independent Teamster company.
Just as CFinc. did to Consolidated freightways in 1996, and as Roadway Services did to Roadway Express in 1995. So my advice to ABF Teamsters would be to vote no, and shut ABF down if necessary.
Imo, ABF as an independent Teamster company will prosper while ArcBest will fail without their profitable
ltl carrier, just as Roadway Services did when they spun off Roadway Express.

31364644_1674940592582721_1075369023899697152_n.jpg

I think ABF is where Roadway was at during the contract talks in 1994. How ever things turn out at ABF, ultimatly I see ArcBest spinning off ABF as a debt free independent Teamster company.
Just as CFinc. did to Consolidated freightways in 1996, and as Roadway Services did to Roadway Express in 1995. .
And Yellow Corp did to Preston in May, 98. We closed 14 months later. Had we closed within 12 months, they would've had to dovetail us into Yellow Freight.

Last edited:
Just as CFinc. did to Consolidated freightways in 1996, and as Roadway Services did to Roadway Express in 1995. So my advice to ABF Teamsters would be to vote no, and shut ABF down if necessary.
Imo, ABF as an independent Teamster company will prosper while ArcBest will fail without their profitable
ltl carrier, just as Roadway Services did when they spun off Roadway Express.

Far more likely they spin it off as a debt loaded company. They'll keep the rest debt free to set up for the future, and leave ABF buried in the non union's debt, to fail rapidly. That's what CF did. They gave Con-Way terminals and equipment for pennies on the dollar, and tanked CF. CF, as an independent Teamster company, saddled with debt from all the other divisions, had no chance of succeeding. Sad deal for a legacy carrier.

ST

Far more likely they spin it off as a debt loaded company. They'll keep the rest debt free to set up for the future, and leave ABF buried in the non union's debt, to fail rapidly. That's what CF did. They gave Con-Way terminals and equipment for pennies on the dollar, and tanked CF. CF, as an independent Teamster company, saddled with debt from all the other divisions, had no chance of succeeding. Sad deal for a legacy carrier.

ST
Won’t happen.