Yellow | Will Yrc Teamsters fight for a fair contract?

I don’t know what they had or have I just know what they did.

Central States chose to accept 25% partial payment from YRC.

Western States chose not to accept 25% contribution from YRC.

In Western States, members were, and continue to be compensated the 25% payment with contributions to the Teamsters 401-k amounting to approximately $1.44/ hr, maxed out at 2080 hrs. That amount has increase by the overage amount of $1 annual contribution remaining for our healthcare plan.

Do you take exception?

Central States chose to accept 25% partial payment from YRC.

Western States chose not to accept 25% contribution from YRC.

In Western States, members were, and continue to be compensated the 25% payment with contributions to the Teamsters 401-k amounting to approximately $1.44/ hr, maxed out at 2080 hrs. That amount has increase by the overage amount of $1 annual contribution remaining for our healthcare plan.

Do you take exception?
Why would I take exception. Better check and see where abf part of that dollar went in 2011 and 2012.

You voted for it I didn’t. As I see it you Brothers at Yrc control your own future.

This year will go quickly and it will be your turn in the box.

CSPF needs to be taken out into the field and put out of everyone's misery before it drowns.

I'd be judiciously wary of shutting down ABF, YRC or both, seeing how they're the only carriers left under the NMFA. If they both go down, UPS will be the sole remaining Teamster carrier. And the union already let's UPS do almost whatever they want.

You need to be strong, but you also need to be smart. Who knows what opportunities will present themselves? Be observant as changes develop and capitalize on what you can.

CSPF needs to be taken out into the field and put out of everyone's misery before it drowns.

I'd be judiciously wary of shutting down ABF, YRC or both, seeing how they're the only carriers left under the NMFA. If they both go down, UPS will be the sole remaining Teamster carrier. And the union already let's UPS do almost whatever they want.

You need to be strong, but you also need to be smart. Who knows what opportunities will present themselves? Be observant as changes develop and capitalize on what you can.
Funny how ups gets whatever they want and still beats Fedex pay by more than double in the package division. Quit being a troll!

Western Teamsters recently sent out thirteenth pension checks.

I don’t agree with that practice at all. I know that’s the way it’s set up, but I think that solvent funds should save the extra for a rainy day. You would think the decimation of several other funds should teach them something. Maybe pay out lump sum extra every 5 years or so.

Which brings me to another thing. I believe all funds should be tied into one big fund. The Teamsters organization is supposedly united. So should the retirement funds. I think that would ensure the survival of more individual pensions with a larger pot to draw from. That and some funds actually are funded, unlike some we know of. One of which covers a majority of Teamsters in the country. And if anyone takes a cut in pension, even, everyone does. Shared sacrifice man.

I don’t agree with that practice at all. I know that’s the way it’s set up, but I think that solvent funds should save the extra for a rainy day. You would think the decimation of several other funds should teach them something. Maybe pay out lump sum extra every 5 years or so.

Which brings me to another thing. I believe all funds should be tied into one big fund. The Teamsters organization is supposedly united. So should the retirement funds. I think that would ensure the survival of more individual pensions with a larger pot to draw from. That and some funds actually are funded, unlike some we know of. One of which covers a majority of Teamsters in the country. And if anyone takes a cut in pension, even, everyone does. Shared sacrifice man.
I'm a retired member of CSPF and Western Teamsters. Imo, putting all the funds together would be a tragic mistake. It would only allow the mismanagement to spread.
I would be for using the thirteenth checks to help other underfunded Teamster pension funds.

Last edited:
At the end of 2001, my projected benefit from WCTPT was over 66k annually.

At the end of 2002, my projected benefit from WCTPT was under 28k annually.

WCTPT took necessary steps to preserve its integrity and security. Other funds made poor choices, not seeing future trends.

While I am sad that other funds have fared poorly, I do not feel it is my duty to fund other poorly managed funds.

The moment my pension was cut over 55%, I took action to secure my financial future independent of my projected income.

I advised others to do the same. A very few heeded my advice.

Which brings me to another thing. I believe all funds should be tied into one big fund. The Teamsters organization is supposedly united. So should the retirement funds. I think that would ensure the survival of more individual pensions with a larger pot to draw from. That and some funds actually are funded, unlike some we know of. One of which covers a majority of Teamsters in the country. And if anyone takes a cut in pension, even, everyone does. Shared sacrifice man.It don’t work that way!!!!and it shouldn’t.

Funny how ups gets whatever they want and still beats Fedex pay by more than double in the package division. Quit being a troll!
You'd rather work under the environment they do? Maybe they beat FedEx where you are, but in Toronto UPS pays feeders less per hour than any other hourly driving job available, including Central Transport, until you've been doing the job for 5 years and make top pay. Assuming you don't get laid off in that time and can actually get a feeder job without being a package driver first.

I'm not trolling. There's a reason nobody likes Buster Brown. I've seen people here complain about getting written up for stopping too long. At UPS they'll write you up for not telling them you're going to stop and the union does nothing because it's allowed by the work rules.

Is getting paid "double what FedEx pays" worth killing yourself over? Because I don't feel like it would be. And without YRC and/or ABF to compare to, who's to say it won't get even worse with them being the only game in town? At least in Toronto there's Purolator.

Yrc has giving us Xm radios and automatics that pull! That alone is worth $15 extra a month! We need to fight for the Howard Stern channel and faster trucks so we can do more deliveries in a day! That way when we pass ABF on the highway we can scream out the window baba booey! baba booey! Just be happy you have a job! *sarcasm do not take serious*

You'd rather work under the environment they do? Maybe they beat FedEx where you are, but in Toronto UPS pays feeders less per hour than any other hourly driving job available, including Central Transport, until you've been doing the job for 5 years and make top pay. Assuming you don't get laid off in that time and can actually get a feeder job without being a package driver first.

I'm not trolling. There's a reason nobody likes Buster Brown. I've seen people here complain about getting written up for stopping too long. At UPS they'll write you up for not telling them you're going to stop and the union does nothing because it's allowed by the work rules.

Is getting paid "double what FedEx pays" worth killing yourself over? Because I don't feel like it would be. And without YRC and/or ABF to compare to, who's to say it won't get even worse with them being the only game in town? At least in Toronto there's Purolator.
Everyone should get paid twice what they make to deliver around Toronto. I have a 407 pass and that's the only way we get around up there. Having Google translate comes in handy to between French, Arabic and Hindi.

Is purolator equal to ups in pay and bennies?
Far as I know they exceed UPS, including topping out at a higher rate. Bennies are good, by Canadian standards (I'm pretty sure they cover most things provincial health care doesn't, there's a pension and even life insurance for work-related accidents) and they are IBT.

They do contract out one-way linehaul loads and long haul loads, including transborder, but considering the gaps between eastern, central and western Canada that's really not as bad as it sounds. Tractors are mostly Volvo daycabs and reasonably new. Trailers are mostly newer too.

Never ever heard a Purolator driver curse his job the way UPSers tend to, I'll say that much.

After seeing how the abf Teamsters were treated I hope the fighters at Yrc are ready. We work for a company that turned a huge profit and we are being ask for life changing things. So good luck.

Luck I ain't got nothing to do with it... We need a Teamsters with some balls! If we accept a contract that is similar to ABF, all I can say is we deserve it. All these die-hard sheep and Kool-Aid drinkers need to pull their head out the rectum. This is the OUR opportunity... So we better make it count. Contrary to what you believe or Been Told, you do have the power to say NO to a weak contract.