R&L | wilm,oh meeting

they picked person out west it sucked i wasnt picked, I priced ticket things are to tight to go on my own dime. h/r said it be teleconference after the event

about 5 tears ago, maybe 6, we had our last real safety meeting at wil. at that time those of you who were there remember lot of questions asked,not many answer.last safety meeting.then the great meeting with the employees in the cafeteria,where robby and some other significant office type people were to meet with the drivers. also was suppoesed to be several, no more after the 1st one.apparently they dont like hard questions.so dont hope for too much out of this meeting.i hope for the best but have my doubts

I thing that this meeting is for information only I don't thing there will be a question and answer period the information the employee gets will be brought back and shared with his or her fellow employees that is what I think will happen R&L has over 100 terminals and if every person has only two questions the meeting will take all week plus thing of all the crybaby questions that will be asked we all have a few of them at our barns. but i don't thing thebig$driver you should be saying things like "there will be big trouble" that sounds like your threatening the person that got picked you should be careful of how you say things they can be taken the wrong way ( Just a thought)

I thing that this meeting is for information only I don't thing there will be a question and answer period the information the employee gets will be brought back and shared with his or her fellow employees that is what I think will happen R&L has over 100 terminals and if every person has only two questions the meeting will take all week plus thing of all the crybaby questions that will be asked we all have a few of them at our barns. but i don't thing thebig$driver you should be saying things like "there will be big trouble" that sounds like your threatening the person that got picked you should be careful of how you say things they can be taken the wrong way ( Just a thought)
give me a break. where are you from? don't respond to your first post unless you know what your talking about! most questions would be answered within the first couple of people! most of us within this company would have the same couple of questions and opinions.

besides, wherever you are from, don't you think whoever is chosen from your terminal should let everyone elso know they were chosen to get thoughts and ideas?

I'm sure you can go to your terminal manager or dispatcher and ask instead of complaining about it here you must not care that much if you haven't asked. this is what I mean its a very simple fix just ask. Have you done that???

when I have a questing about something I ask and I get the answer Ive been working for the company along time and there Was never anything I needed to know that I didn't find out for my self. Like I said this meeting is an information meeting and I think they will cover all the important things the stuff that matters the Little things that drivers cry about are really not that important like Trucks no matter what anyone says that is not going to change they own them drivers drive them and drivers get paid very well that is what being an employee is I've read some of your posts you sound unhappy here so see what outer jobs are out there after you do that then be thankful you still have a job I know I am

when I have a questing about something I ask and I get the answer Ive been working for the company along time and there Was never anything I needed to know that I didn't find out for my self. Like I said this meeting is an information meeting and I think they will cover all the important things the stuff that matters the Little things that drivers cry about are really not that important like Trucks no matter what anyone says that is not going to change they own them drivers drive them and drivers get paid very well that is what being an employee is I've read some of your posts you sound unhappy here so see what outer jobs are out there after you do that then be thankful you still have a job I know I am
my thoughts, ideas, and so called cry baby complaints are to maybe someday help make things better fo myself, fellow employees, and the company. as far as the trucks, yeah, people should be complaining about them since at least here in the northeast, they are a road hazard and burn more fuel and break down more then they should because they are turned down too much. you obviously work at a terminal where things aren't all that bad and good for you but respect everybody elses opinions on here why don't you:loser:

the trucks dint break down near as much as the visions and everyone i talk to is doing the same or better on fuel maybe they know how to drive a truck properly i don't know but I drive a mack just like the rest of the east coast and I haven't seen one accident caused by the trucks being cutback if you were so interested in the good of the company and your fellow drivers you would understand that for you to keep your job cutbacks need to be made. we are not the only ones with cutbacks Job day cabs only run 63 mph like I Said you sound very unhappy here maybe its time for you to move on and find that high dollar fast truck job and stop crying about stupid things like the trucks being cut back worry about the important things like having a job so you can pay your bills and feed yourself

How does a truck break down from going slower?
well, for one, i have no problem doing 65 top speed since we can only legally log 62.5 mph anyways. second, if you know anything about our trucks you would know that if you have to downshift and upshift constantly you put a lot more wear and tear on the tranny, clutch, etc. get the point now?:duh:

R&L will have trouble trying to accomplish the 6.5mpg average they want for the fleet. They obviously haven't taken into account for the average age of the equipment. Everything I've driven got about 5.5-5.7mpg. Now we are lucky to get 5.0-5.5mpg. The older trucks are not set up like the new equipment they are building now. Also if you talk to most drivers from other companies that are getting 6.5+ mpg the HP isn't turned all the way down on their trucks.

Plus they want you to use the cruise control to do it but up here in the northeast its damn near impossible.Between the hills and the drivers on the road.

Do you even work for R&L? You sound like a union agitator to me,we don't call a terminal a barn. As far as the trucks being turned up,do you even drive a truck? WE all know that when the trucks ran faster the freight moved faster. We had a system in place that made us the envy of the freight business,now we have a hard time getting freight there on time. You may want things to run slow and fall apart,but some of us would like to run hard and be the best again. As far as saving fuel,that is a joke. Most of the guys I've talked to are using more fuel now than before. Local management is aware of it,but there is nothing they can do. Someone in Wilmington is convinced that we are saving fuel and won't look at the actual numbers. They are too afraid to pull their head out of the sand and admit that they made a mistake. It probably looked good on paper,but it doesn't work in real life. Maybe they are afraid of losing their job if it's found out that they cost the company so much money.

Do you even work for R&L? You sound like a union agitator to me,we don't call a terminal a barn. As far as the trucks being turned up,do you even drive a truck? WE all know that when the trucks ran faster the freight moved faster. We had a system in place that made us the envy of the freight business,now we have a hard time getting freight there on time. You may want things to run slow and fall apart,but some of us would like to run hard and be the best again. As far as saving fuel,that is a joke. Most of the guys I've talked to are using more fuel now than before. Local management is aware of it,but there is nothing they can do. Someone in Wilmington is convinced that we are saving fuel and won't look at the actual numbers. They are too afraid to pull their head out of the sand and admit that they made a mistake. It probably looked good on paper,but it doesn't work in real life. Maybe they are afraid of losing their job if it's found out that they cost the company so much money.

Yes I work for the company and yes my truck does 63-65 and yes I use the cruise except in bad weather and yes I am saving about 7-8 gal A day Ive been a road driver before I came to R&L many years. Never been Union don't support the union and if you have ever been an over the road driver you would know how much of a cake job we have here if you never been an OTR driver you should try it and then you would see how good we have it:TR10driving03:

R&L will have trouble trying to accomplish the 6.5mpg average they want for the fleet. They obviously haven't taken into account for the average age of the equipment. Everything I've driven got about 5.5-5.7mpg. Now we are lucky to get 5.0-5.5mpg. The older trucks are not set up like the new equipment they are building now. Also if you talk to most drivers from other companies that are getting 6.5+ mpg the HP isn't turned all the way down on their trucks.

I had my truck serviced last Tuesday and I got my truck up to 6.5 took some time but after the 3rd service I got it up there:clap:

well, for one, i have no problem doing 65 top speed since we can only legally log 62.5 mph anyways. second, if you know anything about our trucks you would know that if you have to downshift and upshift constantly you put a lot more wear and tear on the tranny, clutch, etc. get the point now?:duh:

You should learn the proper way to drive you should not put any extra stress on the truck if you know how to shift. My guess is you never been OTR and never been very far from home. route driver mostly am I rite??

You should learn the proper way to drive you should not put any extra stress on the truck if you know how to shift. My guess is you never been OTR and never been very far from home. route driver mostly am I rite??
do you drive where there is mountains there buddy. if you do, you would see my point. oh, and i drive doubles in plenty of snow and ice so lets match experience ok. shadow434 understands like i do.