R&L | Wilmington, Ohio

I went in to interview at the Wilmington, Ohio terminal and can tell you they seem like a class act.This terminal is HUGE.Much diffrent than my experience at usf Holland the day before.

Here in Lebanon (PA) it is around $17.95 to start and about $20.65 after first year. Top rate is $22.47 (5 yrs). Im not sure what the rates are in Wilmington...but they have to be as good or not better than here in PA.

roadrage said:
drinksoldno7,overall do you like this company? is it as good or better than say usf roadway etc? thanks for all replies.
If you have a "me" mentality R&Hell is the place to be... From the TM down to the janitor as long the job gets done and it doesn't matter how many people get ran over thats how it works at R&Hell... There is no more family atmosphere they claim to be... All about numbers now... Sadly it's like this at just about every other freight company... So just pick a color (truck) stick it out and ride on down the road..

Roadrage,
Rubberduck is NEGATIVE, and always has been. Never anything positive to say. R&L is an excellent place to work. If you are going to drive a truck for a living, it does not get much better in my humble opinion, than working for the Roberts family, who own the company.

Like Braceface says...It's what you make of it that counts. I live three minutes from the terminal. If I worked anywhere else I would have to travel about 45 mins to work. You gotta weigh all the factors going into this decision...What's best for you?

although rubber duck appears to be negative i did ask for all and any replies, so i'am very thank full for any and all replies.I just hope r&l as a whole is not swamped with negative people because i really do not get along with negative people at all!!!

roadrage said:
although rubber duck appears to be negative i did ask for all and any replies, so i'am very thank full for any and all replies.I just hope r&l as a whole is not swamped with negative people because i really do not get along with negative people at all!!!
As with anyplace, you get your complainers, but for the most part, most of the people are not negative, but pretty generally satisfied with working for R&L.

roadrage said:

The terminal you work at makes a big difference here. Some treat their people better than others.

Over all I am satisfied working here. The biggest problem I have found is lack of communication. The bonuses they give at the end of the year are right in line with all other LTL companies.

There is no communication at this company. Managment is not to frantinize with the employees, either at work or away thats the way it is at the terminal Im at.
I spent a week at WIL for orentation being told what a tremendous ammount of communiction "they" have and what an "open door policy" the company has. Well that was a load of bull. The race hauler was at our terminal and we didn't even know it was coming. Couldn't even have our families down to check it out. If you ask a question you might get an answer, but mostly just smoke and mirrors. Creating any kind of waves and you will be "eliminated" in short order. Your opinion doesn't count. You are a hot body filling a cold seat, get used to it. Thats the new R&L way.

SO True. At my term the tm turns his back and walks away when you try to talk to him or ask him a question. That is sure not how it was when I was at WiL. Guess the R+L way is only for WiL.

trucknyoyo said:
There is no communication at this company. Managment is not to frantinize with the employees, either at work or away thats the way it is at the terminal Im at.
I spent a week at WIL for orentation being told what a tremendous ammount of communiction "they" have and what an "open door policy" the company has. Well that was a load of bull. The race hauler was at our terminal and we didn't even know it was coming. Couldn't even have our families down to check it out. If you ask a question you might get an answer, but mostly just smoke and mirrors. Creating any kind of waves and you will be "eliminated" in short order. Your opinion doesn't count. You are a hot body filling a cold seat, get used to it. Thats the new R&L way.
Yoyo, you must be out in WA or OR... It's funny how WIL and a few other barns have this "we're perfect" mentality... They think the whole company system wide is the same... Don't those people ever leave Ohio???? I'm glad you didn't drink the kool-aid over in WIL it has long term side effects:bicycle: ... I still have bad dreams at night... Hey look on the bright side our paychecks haven't bounced yet!!!

roadrage said:
drinksoldno7,overall do you like this company? is it as good or better than say usf roadway etc? thanks for all replies.
If you don't mind being out 5 days at a time
You"d be crazy not to go to a union carrier.
Just compare the wages and benefits.
You"ll make 20k more per year after your 2 yrs and R&L has no pension; just 401k

The bad thing about union pension is they are going away. If you and your spouse are killed together your kids get nothing. 401 plans can be set up so your family receives the money. I have been on both sides of this issue and seen the good and bad of both.:shades:

job

i have been with the company for 12 years and love working here ,they treat everyone as family plenty of work and good pay

Simply put if anyone has a problem with a TM not listening to a complaint or suggestion,then the Regional director needs to be contacted. A TM is the leader to every terminal. If HE/She does not listen to the people who get the job done then a higher power needs to know about it. We will evaluate the situation and bring a resoulution to the problem, or suggestion. Human Resources is only a phone call away as well. Call Jeff C in Wilmington and he will listen. Hell, take it one step further and call Mike himself. These people will listen, you just have to make the call..