Wilson Freight

Discussion in 'Wilson Trucking' started by TomM, Aug 6, 2011.

1. bigbird42368

bigbird42368 Super Moderator Staff Member

i was told that there is a picture of a wilson freight truck on a billboard in some truckstop in PA. everyone can keep an eye out for it and maybe post it

2. bigbird42368

bigbird42368 Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Frank Figel

Frank Figel New Member

Wow, I'm sure I'm a little late with this. But what a blast from the past. My dad worked for the Flying W for 30 years as a line haul driver out of Elizabeth NJ. I to had a job waiting for me as well. Many of summer nights sneaking along with dad on a old milk crate or lawn chair getting to spend time with my best friend. When truckers were men and they had pride.

4. The Best

The Best Well-Known Member

Your dad worked for a completely different Wilson than this forum is about The Wilson here has their home office in Fisherville, Va Your dad probably worked for Wilson Freight that was out of Cincinnati, Oh. They are out of business, but Wilson out of Fisherville is still trucking.

5. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

That terminal in Elizabeth is Corp terminal for New Endland Motor Freight.

6. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

I remember the mack r models blowing black smoke in the 90's. Why did the trucks blow thick black smoke back then?

7. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the memories SuperCourse. You really nailed it with that post. You brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eyes. Yes 560 was mobbed up back then but they really did take care of the members. Those really were the good old day before deregulation crippled the unionized LTL trucking industry.

troubleman84 and SuperCourse like this.