Wilson getting bought out today...

Been a few years coming but I believe everyone expected it. 10 years ago I would have argued that Wilson was the best non Union carrier around. It changed so much since '09

Been a few years coming but I believe everyone expected it. 10 years ago I would have argued that Wilson was the best non Union carrier around. It changed so much since '09
You should have been there in the 70's and 80's! By the time I jumped ship in the mid 90's, it didn't even resemble the company
I had known for so long. The third generation made so many "improvements" back then that lots of other high quality, longtime employees abandoned them as well. I have believed for many years that decisions made at the top all those years ago would lead to exactly what has now happened. I wish only the best for all the good folks in Fishersville and other locations now looking for a job. Take it from me and LOTS of others, life is much better after Wilson!!

It's all about greed,I makes no difference ,union or non union.They take there's and we want ours.The old days of a man giving his word are long gone.The younger generation has no morals or values.

You should have been there in the 70's and 80's! By the time I jumped ship in the mid 90's, it didn't even resemble the company
I had known for so long. The third generation made so many "improvements" back then that lots of other high quality, longtime employees abandoned them as well. I have believed for many years that decisions made at the top all those years ago would lead to exactly what has now happened. I wish only the best for all the good folks in Fishersville and other locations now looking for a job. Take it from me and LOTS of others, life is much better after Wilson!!
I hope you and others find jobs.,best of wishes to you all, and God bless.

I guess it's official. No more Wilson Trucking corp....Did anyone ever hear if the container and truck load divisions was going to continue to operate?

I Hate to say this I from Texas but Central Freight is the bottom barrel trucking company. They still have guys working there a alot of locations that been there over 40 years that can't retire. They haul that cheap freight and it caught up to them in 09 or 2010 cause they was on verge of bankruptcy. They took money off there pay which drop them into the $17 an hour. Up their healthcare and other things. Their biggest acct back then was Home Depot which is cheap freight and they lost it so that almost bankrupt them. Some locations couldn't even pay there fuel bill. I guess they recovered from that now but they wages are still some of tje lowest in the industry.