Central Transport | Wilson moving into northeasr

Nighttrain700

TB Lurker
Credits
Former virtran TM to be Tm at wilson in baltimore the way the drivers are talking half to three quarters of the drivers may jump ship when they open in the next to months.

Vitran drivers will be yelling "WILSON"!? like Tom Hanks in Castaway.

Surprised the owners of Wilson and others like PittOhio, A Duie Pyle, Ward and others have not sold out yet. Most likely they are waiting for the economy to come back better so their value can go up. Wilson is a solid little player in the Southeast, very little at that but still making money.

i just like the idea of all the drivers jumping ship and screwing over vitran, bet you as soon as it starts the drivers will get a bump in pay like toledo did earlier this year when drivers left in masses.

Long time vitran Tm has the Tm position at the new wilson baltimore terminal.Alot of the vetran drivers liked Roger and are definatley looking to go to work for him.

Long time vitran Tm has the Tm position at the new wilson baltimore terminal.Alot of the vetran drivers liked Roger and are definatley looking to go to work for him.

Nice guy but one of the weaker former PJAX managers. BAL would blow up all the time under his leadership, Carl Kent would be a much better example of a good manager.

Nice guy but one of the weaker former PJAX managers. BAL would blow up all the time under his leadership, Carl Kent would be a much better example of a good manager.

Agreed. Roger was not all that but very likable.

Roger stepped in years back after Mr. Kent had the baltimore terminal almost into a total collapse. You could have mentioned any other terminal manager then Mr. KENT

Wilson already serviced Baltimore from Newington,VA but, too much freight getting back too late, and hitting the street too late, in the morning, made it difficult. They'll no doubt be a few from Newington, that will transfer there. I wouldn't look for them to go any further North, too hard to keep the trucks clean in the salt..lol

I got a call from a lady at corp in pittsburgh, the other day wanting to know why I left Vitran. I told her that it was the poor pay she was stunned. I told her my new employer was starting me at 2.50 more than I'm making at vitran and my insurance was only costing me 7.50 per week instead of 77.85 a week at the V and same coverage or better she ask was that all? I think sometimes they just don't get real working people or they think we are stupid. The company is losing money like drunk sailors in a HO house and yet they don't take pay cuts from there fat checks and yet they expect the people who make this company to just keep plugin along and expect crumbs and be happy.

I got a call from a lady at corp in pittsburgh, the other day wanting to know why I left Vitran. I told her that it was the poor pay she was stunned. I told her my new employer was starting me at 2.50 more than I'm making at vitran and my insurance was only costing me 7.50 per week instead of 77.85 a week at the V and same coverage or better she ask was that all? I think sometimes they just don't get real working people or they think we are stupid. The company is losing money like drunk sailors in a HO house and yet they don't take pay cuts from there fat checks and yet they expect the people who make this company to just keep plugin along and expect crumbs and be happy.
Honestly I'm surprised they care why you left. This company has proved to me long ago they care very little about their employees. Especially after they leave.

i heard they call alot of employees that leave. probably want to know if there will be any actions from employees legal wise.

pitt ohio and Ward have been for sale for awhile. no one has meet their steep asking price.
Surprised the owners of Wilson and others like PittOhio, A Duie Pyle, Ward and others have not sold out yet. Most likely they are waiting for the economy to come back better so their value can go up. Wilson is a solid little player in the Southeast, very little at that but still making money.

anyone know where they are moving to in the Baltimore area ?? is it in the Jessup/Elkridge area where everyone else is ?

Terminal will be in Elkridge about a mile from the vitran terminal.Wilson is also opening aterminal in Harrisburg and NJ maybe around Vineland NJ.

Terminal will be in Elkridge about a mile from the vitran terminal.Wilson is also opening aterminal in Harrisburg and NJ maybe around Vineland NJ.
are those locations the old terminals pjax owned........ just wondering maybe part of liquidation to get money to keep vitran afloat.... or to help sink it...:Violin:

Vineland, thats a worthless Idea. Cherryhill/Pennsauken would make sense. You could hit all of S. Jersey and Philly from there.

My call was a couple of weeks after I left, it came from Pitts office too. We talked about wages and benefits, but I also added terminal morale, boss's pets who could do no wrong, runners versus hiders, and just a state of unorganized chaos.