FedEx Freight | Winchester VA

dlance71

TB Lurker
Credits
I am looking at openings in Winchester, does anyone work there or know anyone there and does anyone know the TM there.

Out of all the terminals ran out of my center, I think this is the only one I have never been too.

I'm transferring to Winchester. There are a bunch of daylight runs available to Harrisburg, PA. PM if you want...

Edit >>>> I posted the same question on here in sept. most guys responded that it is a beautiful town, great guys, very laid back etc.. One thing to note though, with the road list going from 9 to 40ish, the attitudes and personalities of the workers could change for the worse. I suppose that could be said of any domicile, hopefully everyone comes in with a great attitude. The TM "Keith" is also seeing his work force quadrupled, so his workload has to be astronomical right now. Hopefully everyone works together and doesn't become too frustrated in the short term..

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn 9 to 40 on Road drivers....wow. Where did you transfer from Steel. I live in Manassas and am debating the drive, worked for Fedex before. What is the current pay for a Road driver anyway. Thanks for help and safe travels.

I'm transferring to Winchester. There are a bunch of daylight runs available to Harrisburg, PA. PM if you want...

Edit >>>> I posted the same question on here in sept. most guys responded that it is a beautiful town, great guys, very laid back etc.. One thing to note though, with the road list going from 9 to 40ish, the attitudes and personalities of the workers could change for the worse. I suppose that could be said of any domicile, hopefully everyone comes in with a great attitude. The TM "Keith" is also seeing his work force quadrupled, so his workload has to be astronomical right now. Hopefully everyone works together and doesn't become too frustrated in the short term..

That Google custom search is wonderful because it only searches Truckingboards
here is the link you were referring to
http://www.truckingboards.com/forum...ight-wcv-anyone-have-any-info-winchester.html

If you were feeling extra snarky Jeff, you could have posted this link:

Let me google that for you

:)

@dlance71- I was a relay driver for FXNL Smithton, PA. I am one of four drivers who opted to dovetail into WCV. They moved the "Economy" relay ops to the I81 corridor from I70... There were 26 positions for our 32 drivers, but like I said, only four are going. AFAIK top out is .5621cpm. Let me know if you head up...

If you were feeling extra snarky Jeff, you could have posted this link:

Let me google that for you

:)

@dlance71- I was a relay driver for FXNL Smithton, PA. I am one of four drivers who opted to dovetail into WCV. They moved the "Economy" relay ops to the I81 corridor from I70... There were 26 positions for our 32 drivers, but like I said, only four are going. AFAIK top out is .5621cpm. Let me know if you head up...

Congradulation Steelmiller my friend....I am glad you found a good landing spot.....Hope alll works out well for ya.....Happpy New year...

Thanks Racer, I'm embracing the New Year. New location, new house and scheduled for a new mouth to feed come June! I'm trying hard to squeeze those lemons into lemonade, lol. Were you able to stick around?

Thanks appreciate it Steel, It sounds like things are looking up for you. I looked today and I "am being considered" for the position but I don't remember when I applied, oh well if I get a call I will let you know. I am well aware some people are unhappy with Fedex cause of the merger, but I enjoyed the time I was there and the stability they have as a company. Good Luck and Safe travels through the winter.

Thanks Racer, I'm embracing the New Year. New location, new house and scheduled for a new mouth to feed come June! I'm trying hard to squeeze those lemons into lemonade, lol. Were you able to stick around?

Yea I'll still be around... I got bumped from #1 to #6 , but what ya gonna do... There are many that have it a lot worse, so I just thank God for looking after me and move on.. Hey Congrats on the new mouth to feed.