Windows 10 Anybody?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
well with all the money they make on each device sold with Windows, it's the least the Gates man can do........
I don't even like the guy, he suppresses any progress that his competition might make if it could cost him some money, generally speaking his software is like Black and Decker is to tools. Any good software has someone elses name on it.

So far so good. Win 10 is faster starting and opens and runs programs faster for some reason. I see what pro1driver means about those annoying pop ups. They sit there and won't go away. Click on the 'x' and it's a hoax, it fires up that link anyway. :1036316054:

i just got back my windows 10 download this morning, took all of about 1 hour. now i have to make some adjustments, regarding task bar color, and a few other minor things.

i just got back my windows 10 download this morning, took all of about 1 hour. now i have to make some adjustments, regarding task bar color, and a few other minor things.
Let me know what adjustments you make and how you make them.

Let me know what adjustments you make and how you make them.
right now, it had a black task bar, and i hate that, so i went to

Control panel

appearance and personalization

change theme

desktop theme (i have my own desktop picture)

colors

clicked onto, "show color on start, task bar, etc"

click "on"....

apply/ok........

this works if you have your own desktop pic (i guess), worked for me, i went from black task bar, to a blue, which is easier on the eyes.

Last edited:
as a result now, i have a nice blue top border, rather than the white, and a nice blue border for the task bar.

i was hoping for the windows XP mouse pointers of the color gold, but win 8 and 10 only have black and white, so i am sticking to white.

10 does seem to be a bit faster than 8, and i think that 8 was a bit buggy. but i was still learning 8. i had not learned of any quick fixes or work arounds for any thing that cropped up. i can now concentrate on 10.

OK, now I have two programs that are not working properly. One is my office 2013 (it won't even open) and the other is a web design software program (it opens and works for the most part but has at least one feature it won't let me use). How do I go about going back to Windows 7 if I need to?

Windows 10 is gone and I'm back to Windows 7. For a month restoring Win7 is easy, go to settings, security, recover and it removes it and some programs have to be reinstalled. I had to redownload my AOL software so far.

OK, now I have two programs that are not working properly. One is my office 2013 (it won't even open) and the other is a web design software program (it opens and works for the most part but has at least one feature it won't let me use). How do I go about going back to Windows 7 if I need to?
as of right now, my digital cammera does not upload to my pc as well.

i think to get your program(s) to to work, click onto the short cut, (that you might have on your desktop), then go to Properties.

then click that

then (if it has this next tab), click onto "compatibility"

see if in that next screen, if they give you a windows 10 mode.

if not, you may have to run it compatible to another windows system, maybe 7 maybe 8......

that's the best i can help you with at the moment.

it is a problem when some programs do not work, but you can also google the problem easy enough like

"office 2013 does not open in windows 10"

you may be taken to the M$ website, or a tech message board, which they can both better guide you.

as i said as of right now, my digital camera does not upload, so i am working on this the past couple of says.

well i can see i was late again......i saw this from you, and responded, i should have read the entire postings.

sorry..........

Last edited:
sorry..........
That's nothing to be sorry about. I'm just real antsy when my stuff doesn't work, and right now I really need it to work so I went back to what did. I can and will look into what you suggested sooner or later and see what I can find.