WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Wis. -- high winds caused UPS Semi to hit a barrier and jackknife

Doesn't look to bad for what can be seen in the photo.
Looks to me like one of the parcel divisions units.

A lot of time when it is that windy to cause control issues you best pull off & wait it out.

Doesn't look to bad for what can be seen in the photo.
Looks to me like one of the parcel divisions units.

A lot of time when it is that windy to cause control issues you best pull off & wait it out.

sometimes you don't realize how windy it really is until its too late. i had a similar incident last winter, didn't hit anything, but jackkinfed in the median. didn't feel much wind going west, but as soon as i started headig north it was really bad. didn't make it to the exit

I cross that bridge every morning at the same time 7am on my way to work. That day it poured and was windy as all hell. I drove 25 miles from my last deliv. to my first p/u that day
empty and struggled to maintain my lane. That UPS semi is out of the same Hub where i recently applied for a feeder position. I took the road test and dot phys. I was at the hub the day after that accident and was in the office talking to the H.R. person while another office worker was on the phone talking about details of the wreck

That is the reason I retired when I did.

A jackknife on a rural 2 lane in a very windy snowstorm,really got my attention.
A gust of wind across a farm field & I really thought I was going to lay my 48 foot route trailer & Volvo day cab over on my right side.
However,at the point of no return,no other exclamation I could think of.
Is that an angel of the Lord,reached down,& brought my tractor around to the left,smacking the left side of my trailer.

An investigation cleared me of any charges,UPS gave me a free pass due to weather.
But after all the years I had that crash spooked me enough to not have any desire to drive in snow,or icy conditions.
I started the paperwork & the rest is history.

I had 45 years of city driving & was 62,just the right combination,to get out of the trade.