Yellow | Winston-Salem, P+D Layoff

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Well, it looks like the COO hasn't really kicked in, yet. RDWY 671 laid off 3 in P+D a couple of weeks ago. This week there is talk of laying off more?!?:wtflol: What kind of "dog and pony show" are they running down here. It never fails.......they lay off and then run everyone that has an CDL into the city. Our OB operation depends on them to get our city freight back asap, and it doesn't happen enough. These guys are our salesmen that see the customers every day. RDWY lays off and then re-bids, and drivers have to change routes, and have to deal with "new faces" and new citys. It's time we got these so called "supervisors" heads out of the computer and run this thing right. 671 can't get our city back on time, as it is. District freight is even worse.......wait, wait, wait. And guess what, one guy is in charge of it all.:duh: I hope the city operation at your terminal is run better than this!! DS.

Docksteward said:
Well, it looks like the COO hasn't really kicked in, yet. RDWY 671 laid off 3 in P+D a couple of weeks ago. This week there is talk of laying off more?!?:wtflol: What kind of "dog and pony show" are they running down here. It never fails.......they lay off and then run everyone that has an CDL into the city. Our OB operation depends on them to get our city freight back asap, and it doesn't happen enough. These guys are our salesmen that see the customers every day. RDWY lays off and then re-bids, and drivers have to change routes, and have to deal with "new faces" and new citys. It's time we got these so called "supervisors" heads out of the computer and run this thing right. 671 can't get our city back on time, as it is. District freight is even worse.......wait, wait, wait. And guess what, one guy is in charge of it all.:duh: I hope the city operation at your terminal is run better than this!! DS.
hmmm, maybe I don't want to move there after all.

Docksteward, Don't think it's just 671, here at 120 they haved totally screw up our city op. I was a city driver up until april first then got thrown on the road because couldn't hold anything else. 15 YRS can't even hold a dam dock bid! Customer's not happy with losing me as their driver but I'm not the only p&d driver that lost bid. 120 is having the same problems that you have mention with 671 it's a total shame.