R&L | winter driving at rl

just wondering

TB Lurker
Credits
i see the posts on the new csa2010 about points for driver performance.i see where some say turn down a unit with problems.wont work.every winter at least several times there is sucjh bad weather one or more states declare the roads shut down, do not use.and who is still out there BECAUSE THE COMPANY COERCED HIM,AND THREATENED THE DRIVER WITH JOB LOSS, well its the rl trucks.this is the true indication of what the company thinks of its drivers.move the freight, place all the burden of safety directly on the drivers shoulders, if he has a serious accident, and he lives thru it , whats his csa score goonna look like??WHY DOES THE COMPANY JEPRODIZE A DRIVERS LIFE, THE PUBLICS LIFE, AND THE FUTURE OF THE DRIVERS FAMILY, NOT TO MENTION THEIR LIABILITY FOR LAWSUITS, for a load of freight that pays 4,000-5000 dollars????doesnt make sense.your freight pays that, you have a driver killed,his family without their husband and father, maybe some innocent bystander injured or killed, and millions in lawsuits and accident cleanup.all so the freight is ON TIME. the ironic part is that if its on a paramount truck, or an outside carrier, its going to be late because they have the choice of not running.understand me, not talking about your reular snow,ice, etc, we deal with, but the one you know as a professional driver you have no business being on the road.that professional knowledge the company refuses to acknowledge.IS ANYONE AT R&L MANAGEMENT PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS BOARD.I AM NOT A SACRIFICIAL LAMB YOU CAN THROW OUT FOR YOUR FREIGHT. I HAVE A FAMILY THAT DEPENDS ON ME, AND I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU ANYMORE TO DO THIS.GO AHEAD FIRE ME, .OHIO TRUCKING ASSOCIATION SAFETY AWARD. WHAT A JOKE.:ranting2:

On the same line of thought,, most all northern states now have laws about snow/ice on top of trailers.
Has R&L addressed this yet, and how will that fall into these new regs?

If you read your DOT regulations it states each man makes his own decision regarding weather/safety. The man in his warm office can't legally tell you to drive if you feel it is unsafe to proceed. He may fire you though !!!

well said <just wondering> makes perfect sensce and your right, R&L just cares about their freight and delivery, anything else besides that to them is expendable, well if they believe this then let the lawsuits begin from the possible accident :TR10driving03: and if you get fired for refusing to drive in bad weather, nice discrimination lawsuit.:tongue0015::tongue0015:

A few years back my old TM threatened to fire me because I told him I was bringing the truck back due to dangerous conditions.I told him he cant do that under federal regs and he said he didn't care.I told the new safety manager about it in conversation and he was flabbergasted that the TM said that but thats the problem with this company,Operations insists on a standard level that goes against safety standards.Its like the pretrip inspections,ops want you to do it in 15 to 20,safety wants a thorough pre and post trip.Do they really believe that a proper inspection can be done in 15 mins?You can rush it but then you miss stuff,and with the CVSA 2010 rules I don't want to miss stuff.As I told another driver last night,the company don't care if you are in line with the new fed standard because when they have run you into to many points against you and the insurance company is saying you are a liability they will discard you and start on the next driver.