TForce | Winter has arrived/PA. charging drivers for snow on roofs.

Yeah right here we go again.
Who is at fault,the driver,or the companies?
Who has to pay the fines?
Snow On Big Rigs Tripping Pittsburgh Tunnel Sensors - Video - WPXI Pittsburgh

Here is a large thread from last year about this. If it is agianst the law......DON'T DO IT!!! Its your licence.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/ups-freight/49485-snow-ice-top-trailers.html

I really, really dislike this time of the year.

10-4...time for a 3 month vacation.

A ticket is one thing. Snow & ice blowing off and hurting or possibly killing someone is another. Your dispatcher or terminal manager is not going to be doing jail time. You, the driver will be. If they don't know how to remove it, get a vendor in & have the trailers cleaned. This time I love PA. That's one law they got right.

A ticket is one thing. Snow & ice blowing off and hurting or possibly killing someone is another. Your dispatcher or terminal manager is not going to be doing jail time. You, the driver will be. If they don't know how to remove it, get a vendor in & have the trailers cleaned. This time I love PA. That's one law they got right.

And be sure to get your full hourly rate while this work is being done .:clap:

You are correct. I remove all the snow off my personal vehicles. I will not drive company equipment that has snow and ice all over the roofs.

C. F. had a thing we could drive under and it took off the snow. That was 10 years ago but may be a O. D. would know as they bought the big place. As far as the frozen snow we let the man who put it there take it off and GOD had the sun do the job.

This issue is a real stickler.
If there was ever a time to get the Teamsters involved in the safety,and legal rights of their dues paying members.
Now is that time.

Before UPS Freight was unionized it was employee against management refusing work would have been the cause for termination.
Now that you all are dues payers it is high time to get the union in on this issue,in my opinion.

On this same snow and ice topic,picking up a load,or an empty that has been sitting at a customers dock piled high with snow,and a layer of ice as the snow melted and froze again while it was spotted.
What are you to do in that case?

Yes you need answers,call in your rep.'s and find out where you as drivers stand.
This is also my opinion.

we just disscussed this last week .. dispatcher says to remove the snow and ice.. we asked how ??..his reply..LET IT BLOW OFF ! lol

A dispatcher cannot put you in a comprimising position in referance to safety,with that being said grieve it, grieve it under this pretence and see what happens,

Snow falling off of a vehicle is a safety issue, the state seems to think so and so should we, if we refuse to drive the vehicle based on safety, we cannot be terminated, it is the law. With that being said, if I am told to get up there and clean it, well I cannot do that without a OSHA approved latter, and a roof rake.

It is the compANIES PROBLEM.Not ours. Allowing a dispatcher to tell me to drive it is just as irresponsible and reckless as me doing it. After all it is your liscence. Not his nor hers.

HRS .. has had (or did) the scrape blade for quite some time..course after a couple of units through...the door is blocked...:biglaugh:

HRS .. has had (or did) the scrape blade for quite some time..course after a couple of units through...the door is blocked...:biglaugh:

All the dark terminals in the snow belt don't have anything to remove snow. I hope managers all over the system get early wake up calls to deal with their problem. Then maybe there will be a plan put in place instead of "let it blow off".

Are you refering to the boards on one of the fuel bay doors?

They did put a real snow scraper in last year....like the one NBR has. They have front-end loaders there to remove the snow from the ground.

Maybe the TM's could go to army surplus and purchase some flame throwers to melt the snow?
However you should be careful as not to burn the trailers,and their contents into teensee weensee cinders.

Gee whiz is there really any good solutions to this issue?
The states take care of issues like this by passing laws,and slapping fines on those in non-compliance.
I guess the best solution for this issue is the million dollar question.

Everyone has a whole lot of questions with no good answers.

Oh well at least it is no longer employee against the company,now you have rep.'s your dues are paying their salaries that can stand between you and the company.

Are you referring to the boards on one of the fuel bay doors?

They did put a real snow scraper in last year....like the one NBR has. They have front-end loaders there to remove the snow from the ground.

...GTBU,If memory serves me it was on quick lane door....but that was over 10 years ago...

Gee whiz is there really any good solutions to this issue?

I hear south Florida is nice this thing of year....and considering the snow bird migration..they know something..:biglaugh: